Lunch today: Hard or Soft Tacos or Pepperoni Calzone; broccoli, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “A person finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!” Proverbs 15:23
Support your Chargers:
V Volleyball District Final vs. St. Charles @ Reese 7:00pm, $6 gate
- Please return your empty sparkling ice bottle to the container by the cafeteria milk cooler.
- Félicitations (congratulations) to Luke Swanson who is the winner of yesterday’s French Trivia Question. The answer is “French Polynesia.” Today’s question is: What is the host city and country for the 2024 Summer Olympics? Stop by the French table during lunches or room 105 to submit your answer.
- Juniors – don’t forget to sign up today for the job shadow opportunities in Bay City. See Google Classroom for more details.
- Seniors – check Google Classroom for a list of possible job shadow opportunities in Bay City. Slots open up to seniors at 3:05 pm today. See Mrs. Mueller if you want to take advantage of this opportunity.
- The bazaar & cookie walk is this weekend! We are still in need of helpers and a few more cookie donations. Student volunteers are also needed to help the vendors carry in/out their items from 7:15 am to 8:45 am and then 2:30 pm to 4 pm.! Please see Mrs. Behnke if you are able/willing to help.
- All girls interested in playing basketball: Tryouts will be held Monday, November 11th and Tuesday November 12th in our gym from 3:30-5:30pm. New players and freshman should wear a white t-shirt and come dressed to play. We look forward to a spirited and competitive tryout. -Coach Princing
- Interested in studying medicine after high school? There is a free seminar on the medical school process, how to build a solid resume, and more hosted by Albion College and CMU on Monday, November 11th. The event is held at Horizon’s Conference Center from 7-8:30 pm. RSVP at albion.edu/premed-event by Friday.
- Protect Life is hosting a showing (everyone welcome!) of the “Unplanned” movie on Tuesday, November 12th, 3:30pm, in Room 107. Due to the rating, all attendees must have a signed permission slip (pick up from Mrs. Winter or Mrs. Urbytes) to attend this event. Bring your own beverage and money for pizza. See you there!
- Booster Club Fruit fundraiser helps many athletics & clubs here at VLHS! 60 boxes currently sold, how many boxes of fruit have you sold?! The top family group gets a Tropical Smoothie Party!! A donation of $10 also counts as a box!
- Bowling tryouts will take place November 19th and 21st, at LeFevre’s bowling alley, 3:30-5pm.
- Every Tuesday this month at 8 a.m., French Club will be selling crepes for $2 with toppings of your choice! Donations and profits will go to Moussa, a young boy from Burkina Faso. Come get a taste of France!
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Day is Thursday, Nov. 14th. Please turn in your RSVP by the Tuesday prior to the date you will be bringing your guest. Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here: https://www.vlhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-20-Grandparents-Day_Info-Sheet.pdf
- Do you want to stay in shape over the winter but don’t do a winter sport? Come check out Running Club! We meet every Monday and Wednesday after school in Mrs. Brenner’s room. We run outside, so dress for the cold!
- Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in Mrs. Brenner’s room. See her for information.
- The bazaar & cookie walk is this weekend! We are still in need of 20 helpers the day of the bazaar and a few more cookie donations. Cookies needed are Buckeye, Cut Out Cookies, Monster, Gluten Free, Chocolate Crinkle & Thumbprint. Thank you to those who have signed up already! Proceeds from this go to the Parent Organization to fund teacher and classroom needs. Signups are at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies and https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for help, or you may contact Heidi Behnke at 790-1676.
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Days are November 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here: https://www.vlhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-20-Grandparents-Day_Info-Sheet.pdf
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! Order through your student, our office, or online at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Thank you for participating!
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- The Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in room 102 (Mrs. Brenner). Parents and students are welcome to learn more about this unique opportunity to share the Gospel in a very different culture, yet still in the United States. Costs, timing, fund raising, expectations, logistics and all other concerns will be addressed. Please prayerfully consider this wonderful way to put faith in action. Contact Mrs. Brenner at email@example.com with questions or if you are interested but cannot make it. This trip is also open to parents, with or without your child!