Lunch for today: Hard or Soft Tacos or Quesadilla
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or Sloppy Joe
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
All students receive a free lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him.”
1 Corinthians 2:9
- Please Bring your Bibles to Chapel today.
- Attention Seniors! Friday, February 5th is the last day to order Senior Apparel on Google Classroom. There are multiple designs, both including the list of all senior names on the back.
- Friday is Thrivent Shirt day. We know you all have at least three “Live Generously” shirts. Pick one and earn points for your house on Friday. If you don’t have one, see Mr. Winningham.
- Have you always wanted to be on the radio? Do possess voice-acting talent or have sound-editing knowledge or experience? Would you like to learn? Mrs. Blake and Mr. Wittig are casting parts for Radio Dramas that will be recorded and broadcasted as podcasts. You may sign-up with either director to show interest in attending try-outs. *Try-outs will be held Feb 11 & 12 (Thursday & Friday). You may come to one or both days. No actual recording will be held on Mondays or Wednesdays unless it works for the specific group.
- Donate to your 8th-hour auction basket and redeem your coupons on Thursdays before school!
- Reminder: Students and families looking for help paying for college are encouraged to register for a Virtual College Financial Aid Night provided by Treasury’s MI Student Aid team. Sessions will be available every Tuesday and Thursday evening during the month of February from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST.
- Covenant HealthCare Volunteer Services is now accepting applications for the Summer 2021 High School Volunteer Program. Students may apply online, https://www.covenanthealthcare.com/ch/communityinvolvementvolunteer. Please forward this information to any high school student who may be interested in the healthcare field. Application deadline is March 31, 2021. Requirements for acceptance into the High School Volunteer Program at Covenant HealthCare is as follows:
16 years of age or older by June 1, 2021
3.0 grade point or higher (will be verified)
Ability to commit 3-4 hours per week for a minimum of 40 hours (by end of August 2021). This is approximately 1 shift per week.
Obtain a favorable recommendation from a teacher or counselor (email of reference is required on application)
Complete the mandatory orientation (Dates will be communicated to applicants)
- Teachers are collecting cash and items for their 8th-hour basket donation to the auction. Please ask your student about their class theme and follow the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction or look at the auction site https://one.bidpal.net/valleyvirtualauction/welcome
- Help needed Thursdays before school in February See all the students come in as you hand out prizes for auction donations in the vestibule from 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Feb. 11, 18, and 25. Contact Lori Milroy at 989-412-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- Students and families looking for help paying for college are encouraged to register for a Virtual College Financial Aid Night provided by Treasury’s MI Student Aid team. Sessions will be available every Tuesday and Thursday evening during the month of February from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST. All sessions are open to the public and participants are encouraged to sign up for one session only due to limited space. Participants will be able to gather information on the following financial aid topics:
FAFSA application information
Federal financial aid programs
State financial aid programs
MiSSG Student Portal Accounts