Lunch for today: Chicken Wrap or Hot Dog on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Cheese Sticks or Pepperoni Calzone; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.” 1 Peter 1:18-19
Wit & Wisdom from English 4: “Throwing a ball is fun and all, but now there’s a vase that you need to replace.” Connor Biggins
Cheer on your Chargers:
Track @ Ogemaw Heights 4:00pm, early out 1:40pm
V Soccer vs. Heritage High @ White Pine Middle School, 6:45pm
- This year’s Prom is being held at Bay Valley Resort & Conference Center, in Bay City. Doors will open at 5:30, dinner at 6:30, and ends at 11pm.
- Attention Juniors! Two Valley students have the opportunity to attend Rotary’s leadership development camp June 16-20th. The costs for this great leadership development opportunity are generously covered by two local Rotary Clubs… that’s right, there is no cost to you! Please see, Mrs. Mueller for more information or to get an application.
- The Sophomore class is having a fundraiser the rest of the month of April. It’s called “Coin Wars” and your class jar will be in your lunch hours. Whatever class has the most amount of coins will earn points towards the next pep rally.
- AP Course Contracts and Dual Enrollment materials for the 2019-2020 school year are due to the office TODAY.
- All current AP students should plan to be at school before 8:00 am on Tuesday, April 30th for your AP Exam Preadministration session. Bring with you a No. 2 pencil and your VLHS student ID.
- Reminder: submissions for our literary competition are due by Friday, May 3rd. Students may enter up to two pieces in either the poetry or prose category. Prose would include short-stories, non-fiction, drama, etc.). Winners are announced at our spring awards assembly and receive a $50 gift card of their choice. Winning submissions (and other representative pieces) may be published in our online newsletters. See your English teacher or the posted flyers for more information.
- There is one more opportunity to bring your Grandparents or special friends to Valley for the day (or part of the day) on Thursday, May 2 at 8:15am. Please grab a form and return to the office by Friday if you are bringing anyone.
- Have you heard of Camp Restore? Our program helps bring hope to inner cities by cleaning up blight, building homes, and serving the children in ministry. Camp Restore will provide your team with opportunities to restore hope with the residents of Detroit through vacation bible school July 21-25, 2019. Approx cost, including lodging and food, is $200, and fundraising options are available. We need group leaders and station leaders to help about 100 kids, and evenings are open for experiencing Detroit. If you have questions, check in with Colton and Caris Cancelli and Keegan Hook who have worked with these kids in the past: To sign up to help please contact carlaHurd22@gmail.com or check in with Heidi Behnke in the office.
- The VLHS Parent Organization is excited to be partnering with Abele’s Greenhouse for a Spring flower sale on Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2019. Each 10” basket will be sold for $25 each, or 3 for $70 (cash & carry). We will also be offering a $20 fundraising card, with an expiration date of June 15th. Fundraising cards and pre-order deadline is Monday, May 6th via Sign Up Genius or through the VLHS office, and the baskets can be picked up during the sale. For more information, please contact Kathy Ehlert at email@example.com
- The school store is looking for a volunteer(s) on Wednesdays, from approximately 2:50-3:30pm. If you would be willing to help, please contact the office!
- We are in need of a long table and a pair of matching armchairs for the Spring Play. We would need them from April 25th to May 4. If you have something that might work please email Karla Stahlecker at firstname.lastname@example.org.