Lunch for today: Chicken Quesadilla or Hot Dog on bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Teach us to number our days,that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Psalm 90:12
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Girls Basketball vs. Michigan Lutheran Seminary 6:00pm
V Boys Basketball vs. Michigan Lutheran Seminary 7:30pm
V Bowling @ Coleman High 8:00am
Boys Wrestling @ Saginaw County Meet 9:00am
For previous results on your Chargers, go to www.vlhs.com/student-life/athletics and click the requested sport.
- Are you a math whiz? Do you like to solve challenging problems in a competitive way? We are assembling a math dream team to compete in Math Field Day at U of M Flint in March. If you are interested in competing, please come to an informational meeting on Monday, Jan 14 after school in Mr. Abraham’s room (103). If you are interested but cannot attend, please let Mr. Abraham know.
- WTA Architects have an awesome “externship” opportunity for students interested in Architecture and Design from March 11-15. See the VL News sections for registration information and specific times and details.
All interested Baseball players, please pick up the 2019 season preview packet in the office if you haven’t received yours yet.
- Reminder, if you haven’t already done so, to sign up for school closure notifications on your smartphone, please go to rmd.at/vlhs1819. You will be prompted to download the mobile app. If you don’t have a smartphone but get text notifications, text the message @vlhs1819 to the number 81010. If 81010 doesn’t work try texting @vlhs1819 to 779-379-3850.
- You are invited to a little taste of summer at the VLHS Booster Club Chicken BBQ on January 13, 2019. St. John Amelith Men’s Athletic Club is once again barbecuing chicken at Valley Lutheran. Dinner begins at 11am and will be served until 1:30pm and includes real mashed potatoes, corn, roll, homemade coleslaw, and pie. Cost is $11 for a ½ chicken dinner and $9 for ¼ chicken dinner. Thank you for your support!
- Attention Freshman Parents: The Booster Club’s Annual Chicken Dinner is one of our most successful fundraisers that supports our sports and fine arts programs. In order for it to be a success, WE NEED YOU! Each year Freshman parents donate pies. Freshman should bring their pies to school on either Friday January 11 from 8-3 or Saturday January 12 from 9-12 If you are able to help please sign up on the Sign-Up Genius https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/9040449aba82fa02-2019/55852681