Lunch for today: Chicken Quesadilla or Hot Dog on bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Cheese Sticks or BBQ Pork on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
Wit & Wisdom from English 4: “To make a good pass, you have to see your teammate.”
- All girls interesting in trying out for soccer. Our first practice is Monday March 11th from 3:15-5:00. We will be traveling to the Nazarene Church on Tittabawassee on Monday. Please meet to carpool in the back athletic hallway right after school. More information for the week will be given to you on Monday. Dress to practice in a gym and please make sure you have a physical on file. Any questions or concerns, please talk to Mr. Guenther
- Any student interested in taking an elective AP Exam (not part of an official AP class) should sign up with Mrs. Mueller to take the exam(s) of their choice by Friday, March 8th. Exams are $94 each, and exam fees must be paid by March 22 in order to take the exam.
- Students looking for a volunteer opportunity can pick up a flyer in the office about working with Valley Hospice Care. This organization is looking for either light office work or visiting patients. It would make a good choice for the “Community Involvement” requirement of the Honors Diploma. See Dr. Meyers with any questions.
- SVSU is hosting a STEM career event that highlights some of the on-demand careers in our region on Thursday, March 14 from 4 – 6 pm. This Teen Science Cafe event is FREE, and pizza is provided along with raffle prizes. The event will be held in Gilbertson Hall (GS115 and GS117).
- Valley apparel is available once again to order by April 4, 2019. The available items can be found here: https://vlhsspringorder2019.itemorder.com
- All current students will be receiving a Re-registration with course selections on Monday, March 11th. Please watch for it!
- Applications for financial aid are to be submitted online to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment for processing and evaluation. There is a $30 processing fee. Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2019, for full consideration. Applications submitted after April 1 will be considered, as funds are available, with a minimum late penalty reduction of 10% of the recommended grant. Families will be informed of grants by mail in early July. If you have questions, please call our office at (989) 790-1676.
- If your student is planning on playing a spring sport, make sure you have a current physical on file by Friday, March 8. Current physical should have been given on/or after April 15, 2018.
- Valley apparel is available once again to order by April 4, 2019. The available items can be found here: https://vlhsspringorder2019.itemorder.com of Varsity jackets from Holloway. We are stocked up for the Blue and Gold! Reminder, VLHS kids get $25 off their purchase of a varsity jacket just because the boss is an alum! Class of ’85.
- The Saginaw Valley Antique Society will hold their annual Antique Show on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 9am-4pm. Admission is $4. For more information, contact Kim G. at 989-992-0925 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org