Lunch today: Pizza or Pork Chop & Roll; peas, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for Monday: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.” Ephesians 1:18
- Volleyball beat Brown City to become Regional Champs!
- Need help deciding whether the SAT or ACT is a better fit? Join Kaplan’s Free SAT vs. ACT Practice Test Weekend. Try both tests to see which is right for you, November 16 or 17. Plus join their experts to review your results and learn key strategies. See Classroom for more information and the link to register.
- Seniors will start seeing those acceptance letters come in soon, and we want to celebrate! Please bring a copy of your acceptance letters to Mrs. Mueller in the office so we can highlight all of the great places our seniors might be headed! Don’t have a copier? Bring in the original and Mrs. Mueller will make a copy for you so you can keep the original for your scrapbook.
- Boys basketball practice begins this Monday November 18th. Freshman and Sophomores from 3:15-4:45 at VL. Juniors and Seniors meet with Coach Erdman @ 4:30 in the cafeteria at VL and practice in the gym from 4:45-6:15. Make sure you have a physical on file or you can not practice. Bring a Dark and Light colored T-Shirt. Go Chargers- Coach Erdman
- If you haven’t yet turned in your Fruit Sale orders, please do so today, or before 10am on Monday. We are currently at 286 boxes. Cash donations are also appreciated, and $10 counts as one box.
- The last Grandparents/Special Friends Day is Thursday, November 21st! We encourage you to bring a guest to visit for some of your day. Please fill-out and return a registration form that can be picked up in the office, or click here.
- There will be a Protect Life meeting next Tuesday the 19th at 8am in Mrs. Winter’s room, #107. This meeting is open to all students. You will learn about various abortion laws & procedures. This knowledge will help you defend your pro-life position.
- Bowling tryouts will take place November 19th and 21st, at LeFevre’s bowling alley, 3:30-5pm.
- Seniors: Mr. Fox from Herff Jones will be here during lunch hours on Thursday, November 21st for your graduation orders.
- The VLHS Parent Organization has their next meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, November 19th. All are welcome!
- The VLHS Instrumental Fall Concert will be held on November 24th, here in the gym at 3:00pm. Come enjoy beautiful music presented by our talented music students!
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 808 Weiss St. Saginaw, MI, is hosting the annual Boar’s Head Festival on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7:30p.m., and at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Enjoy celebrating the arrival of the Christ-child in a unique way with choirs, orchestras, and people of all ages. Set in Medieval times, the Boar’s Head Festival has a musical flair that reminds people of a Renaissance Fair but with a sacred tone. No tickets are required, but we do take a freewill offering.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church of Frankentrost will host its 23rd annual “Living Nativity – A Journey to Bethlehem”, on Friday, December 6th from 7-9pm, and Saturday & Sunday, December 7-8th from 6-8pm. Experience the sights and sounds of Bethlehem on that blessed night when Jesus Christ was born. This is a free 30 minute outdoor walk, so dress for the weather. Fellowship and refreshments will follow in the school.