Lunch today: Quesadilla or Hot Dog on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.”
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Football vs. Millington 7:00pm
JV Volleyball @ Perry Invite 9:00am
Freshman Volleyball @ Mt. Morris 9:00am
- Seniors: Need to have Senior Retreat luggage in the weight room tonight by 5:45pm.
- Valley spirit wear will be available for purchase at the home football games tonight, and next Friday! Cash or check only please.
- Future Frenzy Week is coming! Are you ready to plan your next steps? See the posters in the hallway or Google Classroom for more information.
- Anyone interested in doing tech for the play, please see Miss Weilnau today.
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theater (Abridged) by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- Students interested in full-ride scholarships for an apprenticeship (skilled trades) program after high school should plan to attend an information night at 6:00pm on Monday, November 4th at Frankenmuth High School or Tuesday, November 5th at Saginaw Field & Stream. More information can be found in the VL News areas of the hallways, which has the RSVP information.
- Are you a junior or senior who would like to choose and direct a winter One Act play? Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two student directors. The process includes application and interview. Directors must be able to commit to several meetings in November and December as well as after school practices starting in January. The performances are in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake. Deadline is October 31.
- Hey Chargers! You are encouraged to invite your grandparent(s) or special friend(s) to visit you during the school day and experience a day at Valley Lutheran. Our first opportunity is October 31st. Please come to the office for the form, and return by the Tuesday before your guest(s) will be visiting.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. CMU will be here on Monday, Oct. 21st, Hillsdale on Tuesday, Oct. 22, Kettering on Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, and U of M on Friday, Oct. 25th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! We are asking our parents, students and others to help with the sale. Programs that benefit are athletics, drama, music and many other activities. You can now order online at https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Please contact our office at 790-1676 for order forms, or more information!
- Valley spirit wear will be available for purchase at the home football games tonight and the 25th! Please note: Cash or check only!
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theater (Abridged), by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 20 E. Salzburg Road, Bay City, will be hosting their annual Harvest Dinner and Bake Sale on Sunday, October 27th from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The meal will include pork sausage, roast beef, sauerkraut, and all the trimmings. The cost is $10/adults and take-outs , children 6-12/$5, 5 and younger/free.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. Admission is free. Please watch for Sign Up Genius for cookie needs!