Lunch today: Chicken Quesadilla or Hot Dog on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household.” Ephesians 2:19
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Football @ St. Charles 7:00pm
Freshman Volleyball @ Bay City Central 8:00am
- College Visits start today with Northwood University. Interested juniors and seniors can sign up in the H hallway by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Valley Lutheran Charger tattoos will be on sale for the month of September for 50 cents. Buy for yourself and your family members. Stock up for future events. See Mrs. Schwarz before or after school to purchase.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Juniors are hosting a powderpuff game on Tuesday, September 17th at 7:00pm. $2 to sign up and $3 to get in. Sign ups will be in your lunch hour this week.
- Freshman, please watch Google Classroom for float building.
- Any student electing to take an AP exam outside of our current AP course offerings should speak with Mrs. Mueller by Friday, September 20th. Due to changes made by AP, students must declare their intent to test in the fall starting with this school year.
- Peace Lutheran is looking for two guys and one girl to chaperone their Hartley Outdoor Education experience September 25-27. Interested students should see Mrs. Mueller.
- The Yearbook students are conducting an artwork contest to help supply the theme page this year. If you are interested in entering, please see Mrs. Blake for details. Entries needed by November 1. Your art could be one of the first things people see when they open their yearbooks!
- Key Club will have its first meeting Tuesday, September 17th, at 8:00am in the Band Room. Key club is a volunteer group that strives to serve its community with Jesus as our example. New members are welcome. Even if you are only considering it, still come and learn more.
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- We have a couple families looking for car pool help, one in Saginaw Township, and the other in Midland. If you’d be willing to help, please contact our office at 989-790-1676.
- Mrs. Schwarz is in need of some parents to help at the homecoming dance to collect shoes and keep the students hydrated. If you are interested, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even dance if you want to. 🙂
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a JV baseball coach for this coming spring season (2020). If interested and you’d like more information, please contact Athletic Director Eric Smith (email@example.com) or Head Coach Kurt Hofmeister (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-225-7385). Thanks for considering this very important position.
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pmplease contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.