Lunch for today: Cheese Sticks or Pepperoni Calzone; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Pizza; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.” Colossians 1:27-28
VLHS Statistics You Never Pondered: The mean number of sleep a Valley student gets on a school night is between 6.19 and 7.20 hours.
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer @ Freeland 7:00pm
- Looking for a Mother’s Day gift? Gift cards to Abele Greenhouse are for sale in the office for $20. They are only available until May 6. See Mrs. Kelsey or Mrs. Miller to purchase!
- Attention Juniors! Two Valley students have the opportunity to attend Rotary’s leadership development camp June 16-20th. The costs for this great leadership development opportunity are generously covered by two local Rotary Clubs… that’s right, there is no cost to you! Please see, Mrs. Mueller for more information or to get an application.
- The Sophomore class is having a fundraiser the rest of the month of April. It’s called “Coin Wars” and your class jar will be in your lunch hours. Whatever class has the most amount of coins will earn points towards the next pep rally.
- All current AP students should plan to be at school before 8:00 am on Tuesday, April 30th for your AP Exam Preadministration session. Bring with you a No. 2 pencil and your VLHS student ID.
- Reminder: submissions for our literary competition are due by Friday, May 3rd. Students may enter up to two pieces in either the poetry or prose category. Prose would include short-stories, non-fiction, drama, etc.). Winners are announced at our spring awards assembly and receive a $50 gift card of their choice. Winning submissions (and other representative pieces) may be published in our online newsletters. See your English teacher or the posted flyers for more information.
- If you are bringing Grandparents or special friends to Valley for the day (or part of the day) on Thursday, May 2 at 8:15am, today is the last day to return your form to Mrs. Behnke in the office.
- Have you heard of Camp Restore? Our program helps bring hope to inner cities by cleaning up blight, building homes, and serving the children in ministry. Camp Restore will provide your team with opportunities to restore hope with the residents of Detroit through vacation bible school July 21-25, 2019. Approx cost, including lodging and food, is $200, and fundraising options are available. We need group leaders and station leaders to help about 100 kids, and evenings are open for experiencing Detroit. If you have questions, check in with Colton and Caris Cancelli and Keegan Hook who have worked with these kids in the past: To sign up to help please contact carlaHurd22@gmail.com or check in with Heidi Behnke in the office.
- The VLHS Parent Organization is excited to be partnering with Abele’s Greenhouse for a Spring flower sale on Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2019. Each 10” basket will be sold for $25 each, or 3 for $70 (cash & carry). We will also be offering a $20 fundraising card, with an expiration date of June 15th. Fundraising cards and pre-order deadline is Monday, May 6th via Sign Up Genius or through the VLHS office, and the baskets can be picked up during the sale. For more information, please contact Kathy Ehlert at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The school store is looking for a volunteer(s) on Wednesdays, from approximately 2:50-3:30pm. If you would be willing to help, please contact the office!
- We are in need of a long table and a pair of matching armchairs for the Spring Play. We would need them thru Saturday, May 4. If you have something that might work please email Karla Stahlecker at email@example.com.