Lunch for today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” Ephesians 4:2
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Girls Basketball vs. Freeland 7:00pm
- Congratulations to Alannah S., Christian M., and A’Nia S., who all scored 1’s at the District Band Festival; Wrestlers David J., 2nd place, and Isaac P., 4th place at TVC Invitational; and our Pom Pon team, who placed 3rd at the State Competition.
- If you missed the musical meeting Friday, see Mr Wittig for information. Also scripts are available to check out during your study hall.
- Protect Life will have an educational meeting at 8:00am in Mrs. Winter’s room on February 11th.
- There will be an important informational meeting for all girls interested in soccer tryouts Tuesday, February 11th, right after school in Mr. Guenther’s room. Beginning of practice, season schedule, etc. will be discussed. If you cannot make the meeting, please talk to Mr. Guenther.
- Reminder: The Post Prom Party Fundraiser at BWW on Tittabawassee Road is Wednesday, February 12th. Coupons are available in the office or on our Facebook page.
- Seniors – The Saginaw Community Foundation Scholarship application is due Saturday, February 15th. Requests for PDF copies of transcripts and/or test scores that are received by Wednesday, February 12th will be fulfilled by Friday, February 14th. Requests submitted after February 12th may or may not be able to be filled in time, so please plan ahead! As a reminder, you can request your documents through Parchment, or you can email Mrs. Mueller from your school email account with your request.
- Would you like to learn how to grow plants without soil? Come to 106 after school from 3:15-4:00PM on Thursday, Feb 13 to learn the basics of hydroponics and get seeds started for later transplant into our NTF growing system. Everyone is invited!
- Auction Basket Donations are now being taken in your 8th hour classes. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your donation of $5 or more! Coupons can be redeemed and entered in a gift card drawing on Fridays, Feb. 7, 14, 21 and 28, in the entranceway before school.
- Attention Senior Parents: If you’d like to put a Senior Blessing in this year’s Yearbook, please click here to complete and pay for your message. Deadline is February 17th!
- There will be a Booster Club meeting tonight, Feb. 10, at 5:00pm.
- Looking for fun on Friday mornings? The auction committee could use some help giving out prizes to students who donate to their 8th hour teacher basket. We begin at about 7:30 a.m. and have to pack up when the bell rings at 8:00 a.m. If you are able to come, with the possibility of taking over teacher baskets for the 2021 auction, please contact Lori Milroy at email@example.com or 989-412-3666
- Our next Parent Organization meeting is February 12 at 5:30 at Valley. All are welcome!
- Our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” will be held on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/
- The youth of St Paul Unionville are hosting a Mardi Gras Mystery Dinner on February 15th to raise funds to go to the Higher Things youth gathering next summer. What is a mystery dinner, you ask? It is a four course meal with all the fixings that you choose each course according to a list of menu items. Choose carefully though, because a fork will have an alternate name and you likely will not get one to eat your entree with. Guaranteed you will get every item on the menu, but you may get dessert in the first course! There will be a first seating at 5:00 and second seating at 7:00. Tickets are $15.00 a person. Contact St Paul Lutheran Church (989) 674-8681 or the Parsonage (989) 674-8656 for more information or to purchase tickets to reserve your spot!
- Driver’s Training Segment 2 will be held March 17-18-19, from 3:45-5:45pm, here at Valley. For more information please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.