Lunch for today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.” Isaiah 1:18
- Sophomores – if you are interested in attending SCC next year and would like a closer look at their programs, see Mrs. Mueller or the ladies in the office to sign up to learn more. Please sign up by Monday, January 13.
- There will be a Protect Life educational meeting Tuesday, the 14th at 8:00am in Mrs. Winter’s Room 107. All are invited to come to learn. Please bring your binders.
- Tryouts for the Winter One Acts will be held today with possible call-backs on Tuesday the 14th. Come to Room 110 at 3:15 prepared to read and have some fun! If you are interested in being a stage manager, you are also encouraged to attend.
- Are you a math whiz? Do you like to solve challenging math problems in a competitive way? We are assembling a math dream team to compete in Math Field Day at U of M Flint in March. If you are interested in competing, please come to an informational meeting on Tuesday, Jan 14th from 3:15-3:30 in Mr. Abraham’s room (103). If you are interested but cannot attend, please let Mr. Abraham know.
- Any girls interested in playing softball this spring, there will be a short meeting right after school on January 14th in Room 112. Coach Engelhardt
- Looking for Volunteer hours? Peace Lutheran Girl Scouts are putting on a Sock Hop to help them raise money to go to the Ark Encounter. Volunteers are needed to serve food at our event. The Sock Hop is Friday January 17th from 6-9, but we could use help from 5:30-9:30pm. Please contact Maren Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What? Sadie Hawkins Dance (typically girls ask guys). Who? 9-12th grade (remember, people from others schools need a slip from the office!). When? Saturday, January 25th from 8-11pm. Where? Valley Lutheran High School. Theme? Glow In The Dark (with black lights). Wear? Casual Neon or White. Cost? $8
- 2nd Semester Dual Enrollment Students – CUAA courses begin on January 27th.
- Reminder: The deadline for personalized name stamping for your 2020 yearbook is January 26th. Forms are available in the office.
- Peace Lutheran Church in Saginaw is have a 1950’s Sock Hop from 6-9pm Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, with entertainment for ALL AGES! Tickets include Hot dog, chips, self-serve popcorn and cake; ice-cream float or banana split. Tickets are $12 for singles, $20 for couples or $40 for families. Tickets are available at Peace Lutheran Church or Peace Lutheran School. Advance ticket deadline: Sunday, Jan. 12. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 more. Proceeds benefit Peace Girl Scouts’ trip to the Ark Encounter. Details: Amber, 859-0460 or email@example.com.
- Our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” will be held on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Desserts needed! One popular auction item is Dessert of the Month. Twelve volunteers deliver dessert to the winning bidder from March 2020 to February 2020. We are in need of a few more volunteers. Delivery is a mutually agreeable day between the baker and winning bidder. A dessert to serve about 12 is standard and the baker’s choice. Please contact Lori Milroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-412-3666 if you’d like to volunteer or have more questions.
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/