Lunch for today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:25-26
VLHS statistics you never pondered: The mean number of time a Valley student spends on the phone is between 2.34 and 3.38 hours per day.
- Valley Lutheran is hosting an SAT test prep seminar on Saturday, March 9 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Juniors should have received a mailing with details. To register, go to www.doorwaytocollege.com or call 877-927-8378.
- There will be a golf meeting on Wednesday, March 6th, after school in the gym.
- Any student interested in taking an elective AP Exam (not part of an official AP class) should sign up with Mrs. Mueller to take the exam(s) of their choice by Friday, March 8th. Exams are $94 each, and exam fees must be paid by March 22 in order to take the exam.
- If you are planning on playing a spring sport, make sure you have a current physical on file. Current physical should have been given on/or after April 15, 2018.
- Have you ever thought about covering our school and all who enter here with prayer? We would like to invite everyone to pray with us at the Valley Lutheran Prayer Walk on March 5th from 6-7 PM. Please arrive by 5:45 if possible. We will begin and end in the cafeteria. Outlines will be distributed to each group to guide you in your prayers. If you have a passion for VL, we invite you to join us! Parents, students, alumni, teachers and administrators…all are welcome! If you have a special interest in leading a group please contact Mary Walk, at 989.798.4218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your time and prayers! See you on Tuesday, March 5th!
- The Parent Organization will meet on Tuesday, March 5th at 7pm in the VLHS cafeteria (or in Room 101 if there is an event in the cafeteria) to discuss plans for the upcoming Antique Show and Spring Flower Sale. If you have not yet had a chance to attend a meeting but are still interested we look forward to meeting you on Tuesday!
- If your student is planning on playing a spring sport, make sure you have a current physical on file. Current physical should have been given on/or after April 15, 2018.
- Looking for a Varsity Jacket?! Here at Award & Sports we have just received our latest shipment of Varsity jackets from Holloway. We are stocked up for the Blue and Gold! Reminder, VLHS kids get $25 off their purchase of a varsity jacket just because the boss is an alum! Class of ’85.
- Camp Concordia, just 40 minutes northeast of Grand Rapids, offers summer overnight camp sessions, available for students heading into grades 1-12 in fall 2019. The early registration discount is available until April 1. Also check out opportunities for families. See Summer Camps 2019
- Scholarships are available for CyberMath Academy’s summer camps. Interested students can sign up for consideration here. Scholarship amount varies depending on the student’s achievements and/or need and availability of funds. Our camps are open to students in grades 4-12. Application deadline for scholarships is March 24, 2019. Two locations in July 2019: Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA and Stanford University, Stanford, CA. Learn from the graduates and students of Harvard and Stanford and similar universities and experienced coaches; attend guest lectures by researchers at these top institutions; join campus tours and admission sessions; and get a taste of most recent cutting edge scientific research.
- Swan Valley Golf & Crooked Creek Golf Courses are hiring for all positions; Golf Counter, Ranger, Cart Kid, Beverage Cart & Crooked Creek Driving Range. Bartenders, Servers & Cook positions available for all hours & days at the Creekside Bar & Grille. Call Bob at 781-0050 or come see us at Crooked Creek for an interview. Or join our fun and friendly staff at Crooked Creek Banquets and Swan Valley Banquets. Make friends and earn $$. Stop In for an Application or contact Sherri at 781-4411.