Lunch for today: Cheese Sticks or Hot Dog
Lunch for tomorrow: Pizza or Turkey over Biscuit
Each Lunch includes vegetables, fruit and milk.
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
All students receive a free lunch. Please give your name to Mrs. Herbolsheimer when you pick up your lunch. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card or $3.75 cash.
Scripture of the day: “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Girls Softball vs. MLS 4:00pm
V Boys Baseball vs. MLS 4:00pm
JV Boys Baseball @ MLS 4:00pm, early out 2:50pm
V Girls Soccer vs. Hemlock 4:30pm
- A heartfelt thank-you from Dawson Kuhl’s family to each and every one who shared in the beautiful tribute given by Coach Hofmeister and the VL Varsity Baseball team. Through shared memories, hugs, tears and laughter from you, we felt Dawson’s presence with us. Staff, students, parents, friends, classmates, teammates, we are blessed to be a part of your family! It is evident that Christ is the center of each and every one of your hearts at Valley Lutheran! Jason, Anissa, and Treston Kuhl
- Spring Fever Week – tomorrow is Twin Day.
- Reminder: All boys interested in playing summer basketball this summer, we will be having an organizational/sign up meeting during morning meeting time in the gym on Wednesday May 19th.
- Exciting job opportunity! A new organization called Land Stewards for Christ is looking for a VLHS student with excellent technology skills and a solid work ethic. The tech skills most desired are the ability to build websites and utilize social media. While the job is initially designed for this summer, a person who is a good fit could opt to continue working throughout the school year and into college. The job allows for working at home, has flexible hours, and offers an excellent salary. Please let Dr. Meyers know by Friday if you are interested.
- The Rauchholz Library in Hemlock will be hosting mini-camps at the library this summer. The camps run for nine weeks (June 8-August 12, with week of July 5 off), and will be three days per week, 3-4 hours per day. Working one week of a camp could provide 12 volunteer hours! Please contact the library at 989.642.8621 and ask to speak to Audrey or BillieJo.
- Great Lakes Bay Crew is offering a Regional High School Rowing Program from May 20-June 26th. A great outdoor activity that works the body & mind, and gives you the opportunity to meet and row with other students from the region! Contact them at www.baycityrowing.org/regional-high-school-rowing/
- You are cordially invited to attend a German Pentecost Service on Sunday, May 23 at 4 pm at St. John Amelith Lutheran Church, 1664 Amelith Road, Bay City, MI 48706. This service will be conducted in German by Pastor-elect, Nathaniel Jensen, with written English translation. Nathaniel and his wife Emma (St. John’s Music Director) will begin their ministry in Germany in the fall through the Office of International Missions of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Please invite your friends and come join us for this very special service!