Lunch today: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.” John 3:20-21
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer Districts @ Marlette 5:00pm, early out 2:40pm
V Volleyball @ Birch Run 5:00pm
JV Volleyball hosts Quad 2 at 5:00pm
Freshman Volleyball @ Hemlock 5:00pm
- Reminder: tomorrow, October 15th, is the last day for shorts.
- Seniors: Please come to the office to verify the spelling of your name for your Diploma by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18TH.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Alma College will be here on Tuesday, October 15th, Concordia Ann Arbor and Siena on Wednesday, Oct. 16, and Saint Mary’s on Thursday, Oct. 17. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Join Mrs. Brenner in Alaska this summer! Be part of a team putting on a VBS in Goodnews Bay in July. See Mrs. Brenner for an information sheet
- Please let the office know if you are not receiving the Parent Newsletters. We want to make sure you are getting all of our information & updates!
- There is a one hour Hard Hat Tour on Wednesday, October 16 at 11am-12pm. Please RSVP to Heidi Behnke at 790-1676 or email@example.com if interested.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is on Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. Admission is free. Donations for cookies are greatly appreciated!
- Looking for a great first mission trip for your child (or you)? Mrs. Brenner is leading a team to Goodnews Bay, Alaska in July. While a completely different culture, everyone speaks English and no passport is needed. Fundraising opportunities are available. Contact Mrs. Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org for an information sheet.
- Drivers Education Segment 1 begins Oct. 21st, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.