Lunch today: Mashed Potato Chicken Bowl or Pepperoni Calzone; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Spaghetti & Breadstick or Chicken Patti on Bun; tossed salad, broccoli, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- It’s Future Frenzy Week! Mrs. Mueller will have the computer lab open today during lunches and tomorrow morning from 8:15-8:34 for you to work on applications, sending transcripts, resumes, FAFSA, job applications, and more. There might also be snacks involved!
- Be sure to listen for the 3:05 bell to correctly identify today’s college fight song. HINT: They are all large Michigan universities! Extra copies of the BINGO cards and Fight Song slips are in the office.
- Concordia Fact of the Day: Did you know that THE University of Michigan regularly partners with Concordia Ann Arbor’s health professionals program because of Concordia’s state-of-the-art simulation facilities and health professional programs? Check them out at www.cuaa.edu.
- Valley spirit wear will be available for purchase again at the home football game on Friday! Cash or check only please.
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged) by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- Anyone interested in playing a winter sport must have a physical on file before the first practice. Girls basketball starts on November 11th, and all other sports start on the 18th.
- Are you a junior or senior who would like to choose and direct a winter One Act play? Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two student directors. The process includes application and interview. Directors must be able to commit to several meetings in November and December as well as after school practices starting in January. The performances are in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake. Deadline is October 31.
- Hey Chargers! You are encouraged to invite your grandparent(s) or special friend(s) to visit you during the school day and experience a day at Valley Lutheran. Our first opportunity is this Thursday, October 31st. Please come to the office for the form, and return by the Tuesday before your guest(s) will be visiting.
- Hockey Players: If you are interested in playing hockey this winter, please sign up in the office.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Hillsdale will be here on Tuesday, Oct. 22, Kettering on Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, and U of M on Friday, Oct. 25th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! We are asking our parents, students and others to help with the sale. Programs that benefit are athletics, drama, music and many other activities. You can now order online at https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Please contact our office at 790-1676 for order forms, or more information!
- Valley spirit wear will again be available for purchase at the home football game Friday! Please note: Cash or check only!
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged), by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 20 E. Salzburg Road, Bay City, will be hosting their annual Harvest Dinner and Bake Sale on Sunday, October 27th from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The meal will include pork sausage, roast beef, sauerkraut, and all the trimmings. The cost is $10/adults, children 6-12/$5, 5 and younger/free. Take outs are available.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. Admission is free. Please watch for Sign Up Genius for cookie needs!