Lunch today: Cheese Sticks or Rib E Que on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets or Macaroni & Cheese; ½ pbj, tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Be glad, people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains because he is faithful. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.” Joel 2:23
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer Homecoming vs. Bullock Creek 7:00pm
- Herff Jones will be here today during lunch in the RC, for Sophomore Class Ring Information.
- Tuesday is Nerd/Jock day.
- There will be a Yearbook meeting today after school.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. U of M Flint will be here on Friday, Sept. 27th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Varsity Soccer Homecoming is tonight against Bullock Creek at 7:00pm, and Senior Night for Varsity Soccer is September 25th, against Nouvel at 4:30pm.
- Senior apparel is available to order on Classroom. Deadline is tonight, September 23rd, 11:59pm. T-Shirts $12, Long sleeve $18, Crewneck $22, and Hoody $25.
- Every Tuesday Protect Life prays outside the abortion clini that is right here in Saginaw. If you would like to join us as we cover the clinic in prayer, come to Mrs. Winter’s room for directions or a ride. Non-members are welcome!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. Segment 1 begins on October 21st. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- Valley Lutheran is hosting a College Financial Planning workshop for families with freshmen, sophomores, and juniors on Tuesday, October 1 from 6:30-8:00 pm in the Resource Center. This event is free, and will share information on advanced financial planning in preparation for college. Please RSVP for the event by emailing email@example.com or a call/text to (248) 245-1226 (Bill Schmidt – Certified College Planner).
- Seniors and their families should set aside Monday, October 8th for an informative evening related to filing the FAFSA and various local scholarship opportunities and resources. If your student is headed off to college next year and will be making use of financial aid and scholarship monies, this is an evening you don’t want to miss. The evening will run from 6:30 – 7:30 pm in the Resource Center.
- We have a couple families looking for car pool help, one in Saginaw Township, and the other in Midland. If you’d be willing to help, please contact our office at 989-790-1676.
- Mrs. Schwarz is still in need of parents to help at the homecoming dance to collect shoes and keep the students hydrated. If you are interested, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even dance if you want to. 🙂
- YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region is offering two life-saving educational programs. Safe Sitter provides a 1-day training to young teen to prepare them to stay home alone safely, care for younger siblings, and how to get their first jobs as babysitters. Safe@Home is a 90-minute program that teaches students how to practice safe habits, how to prevent unsafe situations, and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies when they are home alone. Visit www.safesitter.org to learn more!
- “The Thrivent Member Network—Great Lakes and Mid-America Regions and Thrivent Student Resources are coming to your computer with webinars to help you pay for college and reduce your college debt. Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. Central log on for “Paying for College.” You’ll explore options before you borrow. Thursday, Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. Eastern|7 p.m. Central be online for “Top 3 Ways to Reduce Student Loan Payments.” We hope you’ll join us for these great opportunities to help you be wise with money! Please RSVP:
Sept. 24: http://bit.ly/PayCollege9-19 Oct. 3: http://bit.ly/StudLnPymt10-19
- You are invited to a FREE Event “Taking Control of Aggressive Behavior”, sponsored by CrossRoads Counseling Ministries and Saginaw Valley Stephen Ministry Alliance on Wednesday, October 9th. Aggressive behavior is found in all walks of life and in all socio-economic settings. All are welcome! Pre Registration is requested by email to email@example.com or telephone 989-652-0764.
- Trinity Lutheran School, Bay City, is hosting their Harvest Dinner & Bake Sale, including Homemade Pork Sausage and Beef on Sunday, October 27th. Time is 11:30-1:30pm. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-12, 5 and under are free, and take-outs are available for $10. Proceeds go towards Building for the Future, and Auburn Area Food Bank. For more information, call Sandy Herzberger at 274-2397.
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. Segment 1 begins on October 21st. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- We were contacted by a busy doctors office, as they are looking for a medical insurance clerk 10-20 hours/week. If you are interested in part time work and a flexible schedule, please contact Amy at 792-7878.