Lunch today: Corn Dog Nuggets or Fish on Bun; tri tater, peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Rib E Que on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.” Romans 12:1
- Seniors: Mr. Joe Fox from Herff Jones will be here tomorrow from 8:00-8:30am for Cap & Gown information. Please be in attendance!
- Bonjour! Happy National French Week! Each day, listen for a trivia question and then stop by room 105 or the French Table during lunch to submit your answer and enter a daily drawing to win “les bonbons”. Today’s question is: How many countries in Africa are French-speaking? Bonne journée!
- All girls interested in playing basketball this winter, there will be a brief meeting during morning meeting time in the gym on Wednesday November 6th. There will be important information in regards to tryouts, practices and the upcoming season. We look forward to seeing you all as we start an exciting and successful season. -Coach Princing
- Booster Club fundraisers help many athletics & clubs here at VLHS! How many boxes of fruit have you sold?! We’ve only sold 23 boxes so far, so let’s pick it up! Some of the prizes are: 3-4 boxes receive an extra-large candy bar, 5-6 boxes McDonald’s gift certificate, and 7+ boxes will receive a Movie gift certificate. Class points will go toward the end of the year party, and Family Group points can win Tropical Smoothie or earn Tim Hortons gift cards!!
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. Student volunteer helpers are greatly appreciated! Please see Mrs. Behnke if you are able/willing to help.
- Every Tuesday this month at 8 a.m., French Club will be selling crepes for $2 with toppings of your choice! Donations and profits will go to Moussa, a young boy from Burkina Faso. Come get a taste of France!
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Day is Nov. 7th. Please turn in your slip by Tuesday the 5th for planning! Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here: https://www.vlhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-20-Grandparents-Day_Info-Sheet.pdf
- The Lions Youth Exchange Program Scholarship to Travel Contest applications are now being accepted through November 30, 2019. Application and a 500 word essay is required, and the winner must be 16-20 years old to travel in the summer of 2020. You do not need to be a Leo or Lion, but must live in Bay, Saginaw, Tuscola or genesee counties. Information is available in the school office, or contact email@example.com.
- Our Grandparent/Special Friend Days are Nov. 7th, 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here: https://www.vlhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-20-Grandparents-Day_Info-Sheet.pdf
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! Online orders are accepted at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Thank you for participating!
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. We have 55 vendors this year! Admission is free. Volunteers are appreciated for baking cookies, or helping during the bazaar. Please click the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies, or https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for bazaar help. Thank you!
VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!