Lunch for today: Cheeseburger on Bun or Pizza; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or Hot Dog on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” John 10:28-30
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Baseball vs. Arthur Hill 4:00pm
V Softball @ Arthur Hill 4:00, early out 2:30pm
V Golf vs. Merrill @ Twin Bridges Course
Track @ Pinconning High School Course 4:00pm, early out 2:30
- This year’s Prom is being held at Bay Valley Resort & Conference Center, in Bay City. Doors will open at 5:30, dinner at 6:30, and ends at 11pm.
- Attention Juniors! Two Valley students have the opportunity to attend Rotary’s leadership development camp June 16-20th. The costs for this great leadership development opportunity are generously covered by two local Rotary Clubs… that’s right, there is no cost to you! Please see, Mrs. Mueller for more information or to get an application.
- The Sophomore class is having a fundraiser the rest of the month of April. It’s called “Coin Wars” and your class jar will be in your lunch hours. Whatever class has the most amount of coins will earn points towards the next pep rally.
- We are in need of a long table and a pair of matching armchairs for the Spring Play. We would need them from April 25th to May 4. If you have something that might work please email Karla Stahlecker at email@example.com.
- AP Course Contracts and Dual Enrollment materials for the 2019-2020 school year are due to the office by Friday, April 26. See the office if you have questions or need additional copies.
- All current AP students should plan to be at school before 8:00 am on Tuesday, April 30th for your AP Exam Preadministration session. Bring with you a No. 2 pencil and your VLHS student ID.
- Faith Lutheran Bay City is looking for volunteers for their Fun Fair this Sunday, April 28th, from 11-3pm. Please contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org if available to help. Thank you.
- There is one more opportunity to bring your Grandparents or special friends to Valley for the day (or part of the day) on Thursday, May 2 at 8:15am. Please grab a form and return to the office by Friday if you are bringing anyone.
- The Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational will partner with The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Foundation to bring their LPGA Leadership Academy to Michigan June 24-25, 2019 to help develop female leaders through a blend of golf and business skills. All young women ages 13-18 interested in golf and planning to pursue a STEM related field in college are encouraged to apply online immediately, as the deadline is April 26, 2019. Participation is FREE for the 40 applicants accepted into the program. In addition, each participant will be eligible to apply for The LPGA Foundation Scholarship Program, which includes invitations to LPGA events, mentoring programs and a $5,000 college scholarship. Details can be found on the registration website link: https://www.girlsgolf.org/2019/leadership-academy-michigan. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Shelly Berlin, Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Have you heard of Camp Restore? Our program helps bring hope to inner cities by cleaning up blight, building homes, and serving the children in ministry. Camp Restore will provide your team with opportunities to restore hope with the residents of Detroit through vacation bible school July 21-25, 2019. Approx cost, including lodging and food, is $200, and fundraising options are available. We need group leaders and station leaders to help about 100 kids, and evenings are open for experiencing Detroit. If you have questions, check in with Colton and Caris Cancelli and Keegan Hook who have worked with these kids in the past: To sign up to help please contact carlaHurd22@gmail.com or check in with Heidi Behnke in the office.
- The VLHS Parent Organization is excited to be partnering with Abele’s Greenhouse for a Spring flower sale on Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2019. Each 10” basket will be sold for $25 each, or 3 for $70 (cash & carry). We will also be offering a $20 fundraising card, with an expiration date of June 15th. Fundraising cards and pre-order deadline is Monday, May 6th via Sign Up Genius or through the VLHS office, and the baskets can be picked up during the sale. For more information, please contact Kathy Ehlert at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The school store is looking for a volunteer(s) on Wednesdays, from approximately 2:50-3:30pm. If you would be willing to help, please contact the office!