Lunch for today: Hard or Soft Tacos or Quesadilla; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or Sloppy Joe on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.” 2 Thessalonians 1:3
Cheer on your Chargers:
Freshman Boys Basketball vs. Clare High School 4:30pm
JV Girls Basketball vs. MLS 6:00pm
JV Boys Basketball vs. MLS 7:30pm
For previous results on your Chargers, go to www.vlhs.com/student-life/athletics and click the requested sport.
- All girls 9th through 12th grade interested in playing soccer this spring, there will be a brief meeting after school today in Mr. Guenther’s room to talk about tryouts, workouts and the upcoming season. If you cannot make the meeting but are interested in trying out, please see Mr. Guenther for information.
- Seniors, did you know there are at least two scholarships associated with the Saginaw Community Foundation that give VLHS students priority? Remember – applications are due Friday! All document requests have to be in today.
- Student Council will meet on Friday, February 15th, 9th hour.
- Bring in all auction donations and you will receive a coupon for a prize. Prizes are available on Fridays in February before school. All donations, especially gift cards, are appreciated.
- VLHS Winter One-Act Play “Final Dress Rehearsal” will be February 14-16th, 7:00pm at Peace Lutheran Church. Cost is $5/students, $7/adults; $24 family package.
- If you shop at David’s Bridal for your prom dress, there are coupons in the office.
- Baseball news: anyone interested in coming out for baseball this spring, we are having a sign-up day next Thursday, Feb. 21, DIRECTLY after school for about 10 minutes in Mr. Wilke’s room. It’s an important meeting so make plans to attend. All basketball players will still be able to attend your practice on this day. Thanks, Coach Hofmeister
- Team managers wanted: our spring baseball teams are looking for any student or students interested in helping out as a manager. This is a very important position. If you like baseball and being part of a team in this capacity, please let Coach Wilke or Coach Hofmeister know.
- VLHS Winter One-Act Play “Final Dress Rehearsal” will be February 14-16th, 7:00pm at Peace Lutheran Church. It is a comedy in which a group of high school actors attempts to pull together their performance of Cinderella. As usual in the theatrical world, what can go wrong will go wrong. Cost is $5/students, $7/adults; $24 family package.
- If you would like to include a message to your child in the yearbook, please email it to email@example.com. The cost is $5 and can be paid to the office. These will be due by February 28. Thank you!
- Hey Valley Parents! Don’t Be Cruel by missing the “Fabulous Fifties” Auction on Saturday February 23, 2019. We want you to join us for a fun sock hop that helps to raise valuable funds for the ministry of VLHS. Plus, this year we are celebrating the VL Auction’s 16 Candles! Come on out and Rock Around the Clock at one of the hip-est parties around. Tickets available. You can find out more at www.vlhsauction.com.
- The 8th hour teachers are gathering donations for the VLHS auction on February 23. Ask your child what theme the class chose or what they are collecting. In addition, all donations (such as from your business or a new item) are welcome, as well as gift cards in any amount. Your child will receive a reward coupon for any donations brought in. If you have any questions about donations, contact Lori Milroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-412-3666 A list of all items donated can be found at www.vlhsauction.com/ or the auction Facebook page Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner.
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a head Golf coach for this spring (and hopefully beyond.) If you are interested and would like to discuss the position further, please contact Eric Smith by phone (790-1676) or email: email@example.com. The season runs from March 11 through the first week of June. Thank you for your consideration.
- The Bay City Players Youtheatre, 1214 Columbus Avenue in Bay City, will hold registration for its 2019 season on Saturday, March 2nd at 10am, (doors open at 9:30am). Performances are June 13-15, 2019. This program is open to students in grades 3-9, and is limited to 160 participants. Registration is $25, and includes a t-shirt. For more information, call 989-893-5555 or visit www.baycityplayers.com
- Growing Leaders is offering a Summer Internship Opportunity. Recent studies have shown, internships are vital to helping today’s students launch their career. That’s one reason why each semester, Growing Leaders hosts a handful of interns and offers them a chance to impact the lives of fellow students and young adults. If you know of any college students or recent graduates looking for an internship, please share this opportunity with them. Applications are due February 15th, which is only a short time away. For more information, please direct them here. This internship includes a monthly stipend as well as housing (if needed).