Lunch today: Chicken Wrap or Hot Dog on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for Monday: Chicken Patti on Bun or Meatball Sub; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.” Philippians 1:9-10
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Golf @ Maple Creek 8:00am
V Football @ Ithaca 7:00pm
JV Volleyball @ Heritage Invite 8:30am
V Volleyball @ Caro Invite 8:30am
V Cross Country @ Freeland 9:00am
- Seniors: Please remember to come into the office and verify the spelling of your name for your Diploma. The list is on Mrs. Miller’s counter.
- Alex Holcomb from Bethlehem Church will be in during meeting time Monday Oct. 14th to meet with visual artists interested in creating art for worship. The meeting will take place in the Music Room. Alex will also meet with interested musicians and techies during lunch periods to discuss next steps in getting them plugged in at Bethlehem.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Alma College will be here on Tuesday, October 15th, Concordia Ann Arbor and Siena on Wednesday, Oct. 16. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- The Saginaw Spirit Organization has once again donated tickets for this season. Please come to the office if you’d like to go cheer on the Spirits Hockey!
- Join Mrs. Brenner in Alaska this summer! Be part of a team putting on a VBS in Goodnews Bay in July. See Mrs. Brenner for an information sheet
- Applications are now open for 2020 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards. You could win a $1,000 scholarship and a trip to Washington D.C. in May. Application deadline is Nov. 5, 2019. To access the application, go to spirit.prudential.com or nassp.org/spirit.
- Please let the office know if you are not receiving the Parent Newsletters. We want to make sure you are getting all of our information & updates!
- Parents In Prayer will meet Monday Oct. 14 & Oct. 28, from 8:00-9:30am. We meet to thank the Lord and to bless your child, this school, its students, faculty & staff. All are welcome!
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon will be held on Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. Admission is free. Donations for cookies are greatly appreciated!
- Parents In Prayer meet Monday Oct. 14 & Oct. 28, from 8:00-9:30am. We meet to thank the Lord and to bless your child, this school, its students, faculty & staff. All are welcome!
- Gary Chapman: 5 Love Languages Seminar – Rock The Island is presenting Gary Chapman’s Seminar, Five Love Languages, for couples and singles in a relationship at The Dow Event Center on Saturday, October 12th from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Ticket price $35 (advanced); $45 (day of show). Avoid fees by purchasing your tickets at the Dow Event Center Box Office! www.doweventcenter.com
- Looking for a great first mission trip for your child (or you)? Mrs. Brenner is leading a team to Goodnews Bay, Alaska in July. While a completely different culture, everyone speaks English and no passport is needed. Fundraising opportunities are available. Contact Mrs. Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org for an information sheet.
- Drivers Education Segment 1 begins Oct. 21st, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.