Lunch today: Hard or Soft Tacos or Turkey Sub; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for Friday: Chicken Wrap; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” Hebrews 6:10
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer vs. Freeland 4:30pm
JV Soccer vs. Freeland 6pm
Freshman Volleyball Quad @ BC Central 5:00pm
JV Volleyball Quad 5:00pm
JV Football vs. Coleman 6:00pm
Cross Country @ Reese HS, early out 2:30pm
- VLHS participates in the National School Lunch Program. We are now able to provide a free lunch to ALL students beginning today, Thursday, September 24th. You simply get in line for lunch, no card is needed. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card, or $3.75 cash. Please retain any unused cards, as we do not know how long this program will be available.
- Juniors and Seniors should check their Google Classroom Class of… page for information on College Rep Visits this year. Our first visit is Monday with Northwood!
- AP Students – don’t forget that your AP Order Forms and Exam Fees are due to the office next week Thursday, October 1st.
- Any student interested in taking an ELECTIVE AP Exam (for a class not offered at VL) should make an appointment with Mrs. Mueller ASAP to get the registration process started. The order deadline is Thursday, October 1st.
- Help is needed at the Volleyball Quad tonight, starting at 5:00pm, and Mr. Smith will pay $5/game, and there are 3 games, so you could make $15 tonight! We could use at least 3 helpers.
- Girls interested in basketball this winter, we will be holding open gyms at Good Shepherd Church on Sunday and Tuesday evenings at 6:00pm. You will need a mask and your basketball apparel. We will also start conditioning Thursdays after school with Coach Carroll, meet in the athletic hallway after school. Any questions please contact Coach Princing.
- Just because we can’t attend the football games doesn’t mean we can’t have game themes! This Friday’s theme is Camo. Dress up on Friday for house points and post a picture or video of yourself watching the livestream of the game in your spirit attire. Hashtag your post #GoChargers.
- French Club was thrilled with the big group that showed up to the meeting last Wednesday! Just a reminder that if you plan on coming to the cheese-sampling meeting next Wednesday during meeting time, please sign up in the French room and bring $.50 by Friday the 25th. We hope to see you there!
- Reminder Seniors: If you haven’t done so yet, please stop in the office and verify your name on the listing for Diploma’s by September 25th.
- The Sandlot order has arrived! If you placed an order, you can pick it up in the office.
School Spirit Tastes Great! VLHS Fundraiser at Chipotle on Wednesday, Oct. 7th between 4:00-8:00pm, present flyer or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to VLHS!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: VLHS participates in the National School Lunch Program. We are now able to provide a free lunch to ALL students beginning today, Thursday, September 24th. A second lunch may be purchased with a lunch card, or $3.75 cash. Please retain any unused cards, as we do not know how long this program will be available.
- The Sandlot order has arrived! You or your student can pick it up in the office.
- The Parent Organization’s annual Mum sale will be held here at VLHS on October 2, 2020. They are $10 per plant, and will be sold from 1:00pm until sold out.
- Picture Retakes will be Tuesday October 6th, 7:30-9am. Also, if you did not order pictures, but would still like to, please bring the packet in on this day with your order and payment.
- School Spirit Tastes Great! VLHS Fundraiser at Chipotle on Wednesday, Oct. 7th between 4:00-8:00pm, present flyer or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to VLHS!
- Watch for information coming soon about our Booster Club’s Fruit Fundraiser!! It will run October 10-November 10, 2020.
- Please remember that ONLY 2 spectators per athlete are allowed to attend all athletic events. No other spectators are allowed to be present. Please note: This includes the parking lot, gymnasium, around the soccer field, or outside the stadium fence (football only). Everyone’s cooperation is expected and appreciated.