Lunch today: Corn Dog Nuggets or BBQ Pork on Bun; tri tater, peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Spaghetti & Breadstick or Pepperoni Calzone; tossed salad, broccoli, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.” Romans 15:7
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer @ Lansing Christian High School 7:00pm, early out 2:35pm
- Freshman Shirts are available in Mrs. Doyle’s room before or after school.
- If you are bringing a guest to Homecoming dance, please get a Dance Policy form from the office. It must be signed by the guest’s principal and returned to the office by Friday.
- There will be a STEM club meeting Friday in room 106.
- Picture retakes will be Wednesday, October 9th, from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- Friday is Gold/Blue day!
- Homecoming dance tickets will be sold during lunch for $10 per person.
- There are only 6 spots available for the PSAT/NMSQT test on October 16, 2019. The $18 payment deadline is October 1st.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. U of M Flint will be here on Friday, Sept. 27th, SVSU on Monday, September 30, and Concordia Wisconsin on Tuesday, October 1st. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is Tuesday, October 1st. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Global awareness will be meeting every Monday in Senora Brenner’s room during meeting time. Come join a club focused on benefiting our community and the world, and to learn about opportunities to contribute.
- Sophomores: Class ring orders will be taken on Thursday, October 3rd, during lunch and after school from 3:05-4:30pm. Extra ring packets are in the office.
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. Segment 1 begins on October 21st. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- Junior Parents: We are in need for concession help for this Friday’s Homecoming game. Please sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com
- Valley Lutheran is hosting a College Financial Planning workshop for families with freshmen, sophomores, and juniors on Tuesday, October 1 from 6:30-8:00 pm in the Resource Center. This event is free, and will share information on advanced financial planning in preparation for college. Please RSVP for the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or a call/text to (248) 245-1226 (Bill Schmidt – Certified College Planner).
- Seniors and their families should set aside Monday, October 7th for an informative evening related to filing the FAFSA and various local scholarship opportunities and resources. If your student is headed off to college next year and will be making use of financial aid and scholarship monies, this is an evening you don’t want to miss. The evening will run from 6:30 – 7:30 pm in the Resource Center.
- We have a couple families looking for car pool help, one in Saginaw Township, and the other in Midland. If you’d be willing to help, please contact our office at 989-790-1676.
- Mrs. Schwarz is still in need of parents to help at the homecoming dance to collect shoes and keep the students hydrated. If you are interested, please email to email@example.com. You can even dance if you want to. 🙂
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- YWCA Great Lakes Bay Region is offering two life-saving educational programs. Safe Sitter provides a 1-day training to young teen to prepare them to stay home alone safely, care for younger siblings, and how to get their first jobs as babysitters. Safe@Home is a 90-minute program that teaches students how to practice safe habits, how to prevent unsafe situations, and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies when they are home alone. Visit www.safesitter.org to learn more!
- “The Thrivent Member Network—Great Lakes and Mid-America Regions and Thrivent Student Resources are coming to your computer with webinars to help you pay for college and reduce your college debt. Thursday, Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. Eastern|7 p.m. Central be online for “Top 3 Ways to Reduce Student Loan Payments.” We hope you’ll join us to help you be wise with money! Please RSVP: Oct. 3: http://bit.ly/StudLnPymt10-19
- You are invited to a FREE Event “Taking Control of Aggressive Behavior”, sponsored by CrossRoads Counseling Ministries and Saginaw Valley Stephen Ministry Alliance on Wednesday, October 9th. Aggressive behavior is found in all walks of life and in all socio-economic settings. All are welcome! Pre Registration is requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 989-652-0764.
- Trinity Lutheran School, Bay City, is hosting their Harvest Dinner & Bake Sale, including Homemade Pork Sausage and Beef on Sunday, October 27th. Time is 11:30-1:30pm. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-12, 5 and under are free, and take-outs are available for $10. Proceeds go towards Building for the Future, and Auburn Area Food Bank. For more information, call Sandy Herzberger at 274-2397.
- What do you do with a broken toaster? Or with a bike when the wheel runs out of true? Or with a sweater full of moth holes? Toss it? No way! Our Saviour Lutheran Church is holding a Repair Café on Saturday, November 02, 2019, from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. In addition, there is a free Personal Needs Pantry. You can get more information from Bob Long, Our Saviour Lutheran Church, tel. (989) 799-5470.
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. Segment 1 begins on October 21st. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- We were contacted by a busy doctors office, as they are looking for a medical insurance clerk 10-20 hours/week. If you are interested in part time work and a flexible schedule, please contact Amy at 792-7878.