Lunch today: Hard or Soft Tacos or Ham & Cheese Calzone; carrots, broccoli, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Wrap or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.” 2 Timothy 1:13-14
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Soccer vs. Tawas 4:30pm
Freshman Volleyball @ Bullock Creek 5:30pm
JV Volleyball @ Bullock Creek 5:30pm
JV Football @ Bullock Creek 6:00pm
V Volleyball @ Bullock Creek 7:00pm
- NHS applications are due today by 3:30pm.
- Juniors and seniors should have received an email with the homecoming court nomination ballot. If you wish to submit that, please do so by Friday morning at 8:00 am.
- GIRLS BASKETBALL CONDITIONING: Girls interested playing basketball and are NOT involved in fall sports are welcomed and encouraged to attend fall conditioning on Thursday from 3:30-5:00pm. Meet in the athletic hallway and dress appropriately for outdoor activity. Any questions can be directed to Coach Carroll at (989)860-3732. This is an excellent way to get a jump on the upcoming season
- The summer read quiz will be during meeting time on Monday, September 9.
- We are looking for some volunteers for our 20th Annual Golf Outing on Saturday, September 14. There is a sign up sheet by Mrs. Kelsey in the office. This would be a wonderful way to show your appreciation to those who support our school. The time commitment for this would be 8:30-1:30 unless you would like to be a photographer from 7:30-1:30. Thanks for your consideration!
- Any freshman intending to run for a class officer position needs to pick up a petition from Mrs. Doyle or Mr. Streeter. Voting happens this Friday so you need to move quickly to collect all the required signatures and return the completed form to your class advisors. Thank you!
- Anyone interested in music theory composition, lyric writing, or any music-writing in general, meet in Mr. Winningham’s room Wednesday, September 11th for Music Composition Club! Find Silas Kaul for any questions.
- First informational Protect Life meeting is Friday the 6th in the RC during meeting time. New members are welcomed and encouraged to come. Protect Life is a pro-life group that strives to educate its members about life issues and save the lives of the unborn.
- Auditions for IMPACT will be today and Friday.
- Anyone interested in participating in Jazz Band is welcome to an informational meeting today in the music room from 3:15(ish) to 3:30. All are welcome – you do not need to be in Wind Ensemble or Symphonic Band to be in jazz band! We’re especially looking for a guitar and bass player.
- Juniors – if you are interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT and potentially qualifying for a National Merit Scholarship, please bring $18 to the office to sign up. The exam is given Wednesday, October 16th here at VLHS. If you registered for the PSAT/NMSQT on one of our Junior Nights, please be sure to bring your $18 to the office.
- Auditions for the Fall Play “The Complete History of Theater (Abridged)” will be on Monday and Tuesday (September 9th and 10th) in Room 109 from 3:30-5:30. Please see Miss Weilnau if you have any questions.
- Student section shirts will be on sale for $12 during lunch hours, and will be sold through this Friday. A sample of the shirt is hanging on the Student Council bulletin board in the cafeteria.
- There will be a softball meeting today after school. See you then, Coach
- Attention Seniors: Bethlehem Lutheran School is currently looking for someone who enjoys working with children ages Preschool- 8th Grade for our after school program. Working hours are Monday-Friday from 3:30- 5:30. Starting pay is minimum wage. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a background check. If interested contact Lisa May at firstname.lastname@example.org, Call 989-860-4020 or (989) 755-1144 ext. 209m
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School, after school from 3:45-5:45pm. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.
- Valley Lutheran High School is looking for a JV baseball coach for this coming spring season (2020). If interested and you’d like more information, please contact Athletic Director Eric Smith (email@example.com) or Head Coach Kurt Hofmeister (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-225-7385). Thanks for considering this very important position.
- As many of our students stay after school for various functions, we like to have our school store and concessions available. Therefore, if you’d like to share some time with our awesome high schoolers from 2:45-3:30pm, please contact our office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.