Lunch for today: Cheese Sticks or Sloppy Joe on Bun; peas, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Corn Dog Nuggets or Fish on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit,
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.” 1 Corinthians 15:20-22
- Post Prom tickets will be sold during lunch April 23-24th for $15 each. All are welcome!
- The Sophomore class is having a fundraiser the rest of the month of April. It’s called “Coin Wars” and your class jar will be in your lunch hours. Whatever class has the most amount of coins will earn points towards the next pep rally.
- Faith Lutheran is looking for volunteers for their Fun Fair this Sunday, April 28th, from 11-3pm. Please contact Lisa at email@example.com if available to help. Thank you.
- If you have a VLHS apparel order, it has arrived! Please come to the office to pick it up.
- There is one more opportunity to bring your Grandparents or special friends to Valley for the day (or part of the day) on Thursday, May 2 at 8:15am. Please grab a form and return to the office by Friday if you are bringing anyone.
- The Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational will partner with The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Foundation to bring their LPGA Leadership Academy to Michigan June 24-25, 2019 to help develop female leaders through a blend of golf and business skills. All young women ages 13-18 interested in golf and planning to pursue a STEM related field in college are encouraged to apply online immediately, as the deadline is April 26, 2019. Participation is FREE for the 40 applicants accepted into the program. In addition, each participant will be eligible to apply for The LPGA Foundation Scholarship Program, which includes invitations to LPGA events, mentoring programs and a $5,000 college scholarship. Details can be found on the registration website link: https://www.girlsgolf.org/2019/leadership-academy-michigan. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Shelly Berlin, Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you heard of Camp Restore? Our program helps bring hope to inner cities by cleaning up blight, building homes, and serving the children in ministry. Camp Restore will provide your team with opportunities to restore hope with the residents of Detroit through vacation bible school July 21-25, 2019. Approx cost, including lodging and food, is $200, and fundraising options are available. We need group leaders and station leaders to help about 100 kids, and evenings are open for experiencing Detroit. If you have questions, check in with Colton and Caris Cancelli and Keegan Hook who have worked with these kids in the past: To sign up to help please contact carlaHurd22@gmail.com or check in with Heidi Behnke in the office.
- The VLHS Parent Organization is excited to be partnering with Abele’s Greenhouse for a Spring flower sale on Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2019. Each 10” basket will be sold for $25 each, or 3 for $70 (cash & carry). We will also be offering a $20 fundraising card, with an expiration date of June 15th. Fundraising cards and pre-order deadline is Monday, May 6th via Sign Up Genius or through the VLHS office, and the baskets can be picked up during the sale. For more information, please contact Kathy Ehlert at email@example.com