Lunch for today: Chicken Wrap; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
(No lunch during exams)
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written: “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.’” Matthew 2:4-6
Cheer on your Chargers:
Wrestling @ Carrollton 6pm
- The online Sandlot order has been delivered to our office for pickup.
- Seniors – don’t forget about our VL Scholarship page. You can check it out anytime at http://bit.ly/VLScholarships.
- Last Chance: Please check the lost & found table in the cafeteria. Any items left will be donated.
- Attention all baseball players NOT involved in a winter sport: Workouts will begin on January 8, 2020 after school until 4:45 every Mon-Wed-Friday. Meet in the boys locker room dressed to go. Spring practice starts in 8 weeks! Call Coach hofmeister with questions.
- You can now purchase personalized namestamping for your 2020 yearbook! The cost is $10 for namestamp, and $6 per icon. Order forms are in the office, deadline is January 26, 2020.
- Tri Star Bank, along with the Saginaw Spirit Hockey Team, has once again generously donated Saginaw Spirit Tickets for this season. If you’d like up to 6 tickets, please come to the office.
- The online Sandlot order has been delivered to our office. Please notify us if your order is a GIFT!
- Final Exams will be December 18, 19, 20th. The exam schedule is on the website, and posted in the school hallways. Please check with your student for their adjusted schedule.
- You are invited to a little taste of summer on Sunday, January 12, 2020. The St. John Amelith Men’s Athletic Club is once again barbecuing chicken at Valley Lutheran. Dinner begins at 11:00 am and will be served until 1:30 pm and includes real mashed potatoes, corn, a roll, homemade coleslaw, and pie. Price is $11 for a half chicken meal or $9 for a quarter chicken meal. Please consider joining us or order for take-out. Proceeds will benefit the athletic, drama and music departments at Valley Lutheran. Thank you for your support!
- Peace Lutheran Church in Saginaw is have a 1950’s Sock Hop from 6-9pm Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, with entertainment for ALL AGES! Tickets include Hot dog, chips, self-serve popcorn and cake; ice-cream float or banana split. Tickets are $12 for singles, $20 for couples or $40 for families. Tickets are available at Peace Lutheran Church or Peace Lutheran School. Advance ticket deadline: Sunday, Jan. 12. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 more. Proceeds benefit Peace Girl Scouts’ trip to the Ark Encounter. Details: Amber, 859.0460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.