Lunch for today: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” Romans 13:9-10
Cheer on your Chargers:
Freshman Boys Basketball @ Millington 4:30 pm, early out 2:45pm
JV Girls Basketball vs. Millington 6:00pm
JV Boys Basketball @ Millington 6:00pm, early out 2:45pm
V Girls Basketball vs. Millington 7:30pm (Senior night)
V Boys Basketball @ Millington 7:30pm, early out 2:45pm
- Congratulations to the following Varsity bowlers at TVC Conference: Allyson E. & Michael H – 1st Team; Skye G. & Dawson K. – 2nd Team; Marge S., Cal S., Matt W. – Honorable Mention. JV: Logan P. 3rd pl.; Cade W. 9th pl.
- WTA Architects (the same ones working on our building!) is hosting a week-long externship March 2nd-6th for high school juniors and seniors. Information can be found in the VL News areas. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 26th.
- There will be a meeting for all students who have ever been a part of Valley recycling on Wednesday during meeting time in Room 106. See you there!
- We weren’t able to set up the hydroponics due to the snow day – we are going to get it up and running this Thursday the 27th after school in Room 106 from 3:15 to no later than 4. Everyone is welcome to gain new knowledge and learn a skill.
- Key Club is holding a shoe drive with “Funds2orgs.” These donated shoes provide jobs for adults to provide for their families in 3rd world countries. Bring in your gently used or new shoes from Feb. 24th-March 15th. (No single shoes, no holes, no rollerblades, no ice skates). Talk to Mr. Wittig or Key club if you have questions.
- Athletes who would like to be in a spring sport need a current physical on file. A current physical is one given on or after April 15th of the previous year.
- Spring sports start Monday, March 9th.
- Anyone who is interested in playing Ultimate Frisbee in the spring, please come to an informational meeting after school today in Mrs. Brenner’s room. If you are unable to make the meeting, please contact Isaac Plamondon for information.
- Covenant HealthCare Volunteer Services is now accepting applications for the Summer 2020 session of our High School Volunteer Program. Students may apply online here. Application deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Donation items our 8th hour baskets are still being taken thru Thursday, February 27th. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your $5 or more donation! Last day to redeem your coupon and to be entered in a gift card drawing is Friday, Feb. 28th. Your help and participation is truly appreciated!
- Tickets are going fast for our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/