Lunch for today: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Scripture of the Day: “For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves.” 1 Peter 2:15-16
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Boys Basketball @ MLS 6:00pm
JV Girls Basketball vs. MLS 6:00pm
V Girls Basketball vs. MLS 7:30pm
V Boys Basketball @ MLS 7:30pm
- Are you a math whiz? Do you like to solve challenging math problems in a competitive way? We are assembling a math dream team to compete in Math Field Day at U of M Flint in March. If you are interested in competing, please come to an informational meeting on today from 3:15-3:30 in Mr. Abraham’s room (103). If you are interested but cannot attend, please let Mr. Abraham know.
- Any girls interested in playing softball this spring, there will be a short meeting right after school today in Room 112. Coach Engelhardt
- Seniors – If your colleges ask for a 7th semester (“midyear”) transcript to be sent, you can order these through Parchment. Simply order the document as you would normally, but select “Hold For Grades” instead of “Send Now” in the dropdown. These documents will be released after January 23rd.
- Looking for Volunteer hours? Peace Lutheran Girl Scouts are putting on a Sock Hop to help them raise money to go to the Ark Encounter. Volunteers are needed to serve food at our event. The Sock Hop is Friday January 17th from 6-9, but we could use help from 5:30-9:30pm. Please contact Maren Fox at email@example.com for more information.
- What? Sadie Hawkins Dance (typically girls ask guys). Who? 9-12th grade (remember, people from others schools need a slip from the office!). When? Saturday, January 25th from 8-11pm. Where? Valley Lutheran High School. Theme? Glow In The Dark (with black lights). Wear? Casual Neon or White. Cost? $8
- Reminder: The deadline for personalized name stamping for your 2020 yearbook is January 26th. Forms are available in the office.
- Looking for Summer Employment Opportunities?! The Saginaw County Parks have availabilities as Booth Attendant, Lifeguard, or Office Clerk. Contact them at 989-790-5280 or email Parks@saginawcounty.com. Online applications available at www.saginawcounty.com/parks
- Peace Lutheran Church in Saginaw is have a 1950’s Sock Hop from 6-9pm Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, with entertainment for ALL AGES! Tickets include Hot dog, chips, self-serve popcorn and cake; ice-cream float or banana split. Tickets are $12 for singles, $20 for couples or $40 for families. Tickets are available at Peace Lutheran Church or Peace Lutheran School. Advance ticket deadline: Sunday, Jan. 12. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 more. Proceeds benefit Peace Girl Scouts’ trip to the Ark Encounter. Details: Amber, 859-0460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” will be held on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- Desserts needed! One popular auction item is Dessert of the Month. Twelve volunteers deliver dessert to the winning bidder from March 2020 to February 2020. We are in need of a few more volunteers. Delivery is a mutually agreeable day between the baker and winning bidder. A dessert to serve about 12 is standard and the baker’s choice. Please contact Lori Milroy at email@example.com or 989-412-3666 if you’d like to volunteer or have more questions.
- Gift card drawing for parents: ‘Like’ the Valley Lutheran Auction and Benefit Dinner Facebook page for a chance to win a gift card. You don’t need to be at the February 29th auction, but we’d love to see you! Look for more information soon on classroom baskets. https://www.facebook.com/valleylutheranauction/