Lunch for today: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “This is what the Lord says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:16, 18-19
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Girls Basketball vs. Nouvel 6:00pm
V Boys Basketball vs. Nouvel 7:30pm
For previous results on your Chargers, go to www.vlhs.com/student-life/athletics and click the requested sport.
- Do you like Trivia Pursuit? Do you know lots of random facts about History, Science, Literature or Pop Culture? Then…Join Quiz Bowl! Come to an informational meeting on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 during meeting time in Room 102 (Mrs. Brenner’s room.)
- All interested Baseball players, please pick up the 2019 season preview packet in the office if you haven’t received yours yet.
- Tryouts for the Winter Play will be held today & tomorrow, from 3:15-4:30 in Mrs. Winter’s room #107. Freshman and any new actors are encouraged to participate — no need for memorization, just come!
- Reminder, if you haven’t already done so, to sign up for school closure notifications on your smartphone, please go to rmd.at/vlhs1819. You will be prompted to download the mobile app. If you don’t have a smartphone but get text notifications, text the message @vlhs1819 to the number 81010. If 81010 doesn’t work try texting @vlhs1819 to 779-379-3850.
- You are invited to a little taste of summer at the VLHS Booster Club Chicken BBQ on January 13, 2019. St. John Amelith Men’s Athletic Club is once again barbecuing chicken at Valley Lutheran. Dinner begins at 11am and will be served until 1:30pm and includes real mashed potatoes, corn, roll, homemade coleslaw, and pie. Cost is $11 for a ½ chicken dinner and $9 for ¼ chicken dinner. Thank you for your support!