Lunch today: Chicken Wrap or BBQ Pork on Bun; green beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.” Ephesians 1:9-10
Support your Chargers:
V Volleyball Regional @ USA 6:00pm. Early out 2:50pm, Fan Bus 4:30pm. $6 game fee.
- Any senior who is planning on graduating with the Honors Diploma need to bring in their partially completed application packet to meet with Dr. Meyers this week. Students who do not fulfill this step may not be awarded the Honors Diploma. Thank you.
- Mr. Abraham’s family group: Please meet at 10:15am in his room on Wednesday for a group picture. Please wear VLHS apparel.
- If you have a summer read book that you’d like to donate, please bring to the office! Thank you!
- Protect Life is hosting (everyone welcome!) a showing of the “Unplanned” movie today at 3:30pm in Room 107. Due to the rating, all attendees must have a signed permission slip (pick up from Mrs. Winter or Mrs. Urbytes) to attend this event. Bring your own beverage and money for pizza. See you there!
- The Booster Club Fruit fundraiser helps support Music, Drama, Arts & Athletics here at VLHS! We are at 129 boxes currently sold. 5-6 boxes sold will get you a McDonald’s gift certificate! A donation of $10 also counts as a box. Please turn in any completed orders to the office, and let us know if you have online orders.
- Protect Life will be taking diaper and baby wipe donations until Friday, Nov. 15th. We need sizes 4,6, and newborn. If you are able to donate, please put the diapers in the crib located at the front entrance, or give money to Mrs. Winter. Protect Life will match all donations, with all proceeds going to the Beacon of Hope. Everything is greatly appreciated!
- ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?! This Saturday the Michigan Wolverines take on the Michigan State Spartans at the Big House, so pre-game starts this Friday at 8am! Wear U of M or MSU gear to show your team spirit & earn class points!
- Bowling tryouts will take place November 19th and 21st, at LeFevre’s bowling alley, 3:30-5pm.
- French Club will be selling crepes for $2 with toppings of your choice, on Tuesdays before school! Donations and profits will go to Moussa, a young boy from Burkina Faso. Come get a taste of France!
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Day is this Thursday, Nov. 14th. Please turn in your RSVP by Tuesday. Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here.
- Do you want to stay in shape over the winter but don’t do a winter sport? Come check out Running Club! We meet every Monday and Wednesday after school in Mrs. Brenner’s room. We run outside, so dress for the cold!
- Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in Mrs. Brenner’s room. See her for information.
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Days are November 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here.
- Thank you for all the wonderful cookie donations for our Fall Bazaar & Bake Sale! If you have any containers you’d like back, please send your student into the office by Wednesday, Nov. 13th.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser deadline is November 14th! Funds raised help support Music, Drama, Arts and Athletics. Order through your student, our office, or online at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Thank you for participating!
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- The Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in room 102 (Mrs. Brenner). Parents and students are welcome to learn more about this unique opportunity to share the Gospel in a very different culture, yet still in the United States. Costs, timing, fund raising, expectations, logistics and all other concerns will be addressed. Please prayerfully consider this wonderful way to put faith in action. Contact Mrs. Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you are interested but cannot make it. This trip is also open to parents, with or without your child!
- Immanuel Lutheran Church of Frankentrost will ost its 23rd annual “Living Nativity – A Journey to Bethlehem”, on Friday, December 6th from 7-9pm, and Saturday & Sunday, December 7-8th from 6-8pm. Experience the sights and sounds of Bethlehem on that blessed night when Jesus Christ was born. This is a free 30 minute outdoor walk, so dress for the weather. Fellowship and refreshments will follow in the school.