Scripture of the day: “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” Psalm 100:4-5
- Seniors, if you have not done so yet, please submit your Cap & Gown order one of two ways:
* Mail them directly back to: Graduate Sales, P.O. Box 294. Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804-0294
* Order on their website at www.highschool.herffjones.com
1) Scroll down to Enter your school, be sure to choose Valley Lutheran High School, SAGINAW!
2) Click Graduation Products at the top of the page, then scroll down to the bottom and shop for Individual Products. Click the green bar.
3) Click on the Gown picture, and it takes you to Cap, Gown & Tassel Unit where you enter your information.
4) Put it in your cart (there is NO COST for this item), enter the Promo code 2021Grad at checkout. and place order, even if it is just for the Cap, Gown & Tassel.
* Please note: the Cap & Gown material is different from previous years, so gowns borrowed from previous years will NOT match the new material.
* Please be advised the deadline for orders is Dec. 1, 2020.
- For the duration of remote learning, the VLHS cafeteria will be closed. However, free meals for students are still available at a number of different sites in the area. Go to www.michigan.gov/meetupeatup to find a map to identify the nearest location.
- Due to the current executive order, the SAT scheduled for December 5, 2020 has been postponed until Saturday, December 19, 2020.
- If you have any interest at all in exploring the career field of engineering/design, check out this free Virtual Engineering Week November 30 – December 4. Here is some additional information:
*Virtual Engineering Week is an all-new digital event bringing best-in-class education and efficient networking directly to you.
*Showcasing hundreds of virtual exhibitor booths spanning medtech, automation, design, packaging, plastics and quality, this event offers the opportunity to explore the latest innovations, schedule 1:1 meetings, and see live demos.
*Engineering Week will also feature an expansive educational program with daily keynotes, expert panel discussions, and live Q&As covering everything from 3D printing and next-gen technologies to packaging trends and sustainability. Best of all, it’s totally free to attend.
*Join the global design, engineering, and manufacturing communities from anywhere this November 30 to December 4, 2020. https://www.engineeringwk.com/en/home.html
- The Alumni Chapter of Beta Sigma Psi – National Lutheran Fraternity is offering a $3,000 scholarship given out to a Lutheran male freshman attending the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Fall 2021. There is no obligation to join Beta Sigma Psi or be related to a member of the fraternity to receive this award. Runner-ups may be eligible for $500. Our scholarship application may be found online at https://forms.gle/pJdPAff57oZHokDT9 or the attached application can be filled out and submitted to our PO box. All applications are due March 20th, 2021. The Beta Sigma Psi Educational Foundation also offers additional scholarships and grant opportunities for members of the Lutheran community. These opportunities can be found here http://wp.betasigmapsi.org/scholarships-grants/high-school-scholarships/