Lunch today: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Rib E Que on Bun; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Cheese Sticks or Chili & Breadstick; corn, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- Congratulations to Ally S. who placed 36th out of 236 in Division 3 States, and now becomes the 2nd fastest female runner in VLHS history!
- Félicitations (congratulations) to Valerie White who is the winner of yesterday’s French Trivia Question. The answer is “French is the official language of 21 African countries, but 29 of them speak French as a primary language.” Today’s question is: In which year did France host the World Cup and also win the title? Stop by the French table during lunches or room 105 to submit your answer.
- Calvin University will be here Wednesday during 4th hour to meet with interested students. Sign up in the office by the end of the day today if you’d like to meet with them.
- All girls interested in playing basketball this winter, there will be a brief meeting during morning meeting time in the gym on Wednesday November 6th. There will be important information in regards to tryouts, practices and the upcoming season. We look forward to seeing you all as we start an exciting and successful season. -Coach Princing
- Interested in studying medicine after high school? There is a free seminar on the medical school process, how to build a solid resume, and more hosted by Albion College and CMU on Monday, November 11th. The event is held at Horizon’s Conference Center from 7-8:30 pm. RSVP at albion.edu/premed-event by Friday.
- Booster Club fundraisers help many athletics & clubs here at VLHS! How many boxes of fruit have you sold?! Class points will go toward the end of the year party, and Family Group points can win Tropical Smoothie or earn Tim Hortons gift cards!!
- The bazaar & cookie walk is this weekend! We are still in need of 20 helpers the day of the bazaar and a few more cookie donations. Student volunteer helpers are greatly appreciated! Please see Mrs. Behnke if you are able/willing to help.
- Every Tuesday this month at 8 a.m., French Club will be selling crepes for $2 with toppings of your choice! Donations and profits will go to Moussa, a young boy from Burkina Faso. Come get a taste of France!
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Day is Nov. 7th. Please turn in your slip by Tuesday the 5th for planning! Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here: https://www.vlhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-20-Grandparents-Day_Info-Sheet.pdf
- The Lions Youth Exchange Program Scholarship to Travel Contest applications are now being accepted through November 30, 2019. Application and a 500 word essay is required, and the winner must be 16-20 years old to travel in the summer of 2020. You do not need to be a Leo or Lion, but must live in Bay, Saginaw, Tuscola or genesee counties. Information is available in the school office, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Grandparent/Special Friend Days are Nov. 7th, 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here: https://www.vlhs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-20-Grandparents-Day_Info-Sheet.pdf
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! Online orders are accepted at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Thank you for participating!
- The bazaar & cookie walk is this weekend! We are still in need of 20 helpers the day of the bazaar and a few more cookie donations. Cookies needed are Buckeye, Cut Out Cookies, Monster, Gluten Free, Chocolate Crinkle & Thumbprint. Thank you to those who have signed up already! Proceeds from this go to the Parent Organization to fund teacher and classroom needs. Signups are at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies and https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for help, or you may contact Heidi Behnke at 790-1676.
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!