Lunch today: Cheeseburger on Bun or Omelet & Muffin; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Chicken Nuggets & Roll or BBQ Pork on Bun; tri tater, peas, carrots, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” Hebrews 10:35-36
Cheer on your Chargers:
V Cross Country @ Birch Run 4:30pm, early out 2:30pm
V Soccer @ Ithaca, early out 3:00pm
- Seniors – The FAFSA opens today for the 2020-2021 school year. Do you know what you need to be doing? Don’t stress – add next Monday night to your calendar for a FAFSA and Scholarship Information Night at 6:30 pm in the Resource Center. Don’t forget to bring your parents!
- Wednesday, October 2nd, and Friday, October 4th, Protect Life is having a bake sale! Buy baked goods to support the Pro-Life Movement!
- Picture retakes will be Wednesday, October 9th, from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- There is only 1 spot available for the PSAT/NMSQT test on October 16, 2019. The $18 payment deadline is TODAY.
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Delta College will be here on Monday, October 7th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Students taking AP exams in the spring should turn in their exam fee of $94 per exam, made payable to Valley Lutheran, to the front office. The payment deadline for all students taking required or elective exams is TODAY. Please speak with Mrs. Mueller if other arrangements for payment need to be made.
- Interested in a career as an EMT or Paramedic? Check out the VL News areas for information on MMR’s Fall Open House on October 9th.
- Sophomores: Class ring orders will be taken THIS Thursday, October 3rd, during lunch and after school from 3:05-4:30pm. Extra ring packets are in the office.
- If you borrowed Red Scissors from the office, please return them ASAP!
- Junior Parents: We are in still in need for concession help for football games. Please sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com
- Valley Lutheran is hosting a College Financial Planning workshop for families with freshmen, sophomores, and juniors on TONIGHT from 6:30-8:00 pm in the Resource Center. This event is free, and will share information on advanced financial planning in preparation for college. Please RSVP for the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or a call/text to (248) 245-1226 (Bill Schmidt – Certified College Planner).
- Seniors and their families should set aside Monday, October 7th for an informative evening related to filing the FAFSA and various local scholarship opportunities and resources. If your student is headed off to college next year and will be making use of financial aid and scholarship monies, this is an evening you don’t want to miss. The evening will run from 6:30 – 7:30 pm in the Resource Center.
- Gary Chapman: 5 Love Languages Seminar – Rock The Island is presenting Gary Chapman’s Seminar, Five Love Languages, for couples and singles in a relationship at The Dow Event Center on Saturday, October 12th from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Gary Chapman has written more than 20 books, focusing on ways to build strong relationships and improve communications by understanding each other’s language. Avoid fees by purchasing your tickets at the Dow Event Center Box Office!
- Drivers Education Segment 2 will run Oct. 7-9, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. Segment 1 begins on October 21st. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.