Lunch for today: Smothered Chicken over Biscuit
Lunch for tomorrow: Chili & Cornbread
Please note: Hot Lunch Menu Changes
In the past few weeks, and likely for the near future, we have had to change the menu for hot lunch. This has not been our desire, but our orders for food on the menu have not always been available. When this happens, our supplier sends alternate foods to replace what we have ordered. It is expected that this will continue, and we wanted our students and parents to be aware.
Scripture of the day: “It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.” Deuteronomy 13:4
Cheer on your Chargers:
Cross Country @ St. Louis 4:30pm, early out 2:15pm
- Protect Life Prayer Group today!
- Wednesday, tomorrow, is a normal school day. Only those taking the PSAT/MNSQT have a different schedule.
- Reminder: Sophomore-Senior Students interested in manufacturing or plastics engineering should sign up with Mrs. Mueller to attend an on-site career exploration event on Thursday, October 14th at Vantage Plastics in Standish. Today is the last day to sign up!
- Seniors – please log into the Class of 2022 page and vote on the 2022 DAR Good Citizen to represent your class. Voting is open until Friday.
- Today we are hosting Delta College 7th hour. See Mrs. Mueller if you’d like to be added to the list.
- MARCH for Life $25 deposit to Mrs. Kelsey is due today.
- Students registered to take the PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday should report to Room 212 by 8:00 am. Don’t forget your calculator and No. 2 non-mechanical pencils.
- The Animal Club meets on Wednesdays, in the Family Room.
- AP Students: Please turn in your Registration Form & payment this week to Mrs. Miller.
- Attention Seniors: Please stop by the office to verify your name for diplomas.
- Picture retakes (if you didn’t get your picture taken or have a problem with your order) will be Friday, October 15th, during lunch hours. These are used for your school ID as well, so even if you are not purchasing pictures, please have your picture taken.
- Interested in learning about the heart, blood, and the circulatory system in an engaging hands-on FUN way? STEM Saturday – Heart and the Circulatory System will be held on Saturday, October 23, 2021, 9:30am-12:30pm at Willie Thompson Middle School, 3021 Court Street, Saginaw, MI 48602. There is no cost for this event, and registration is open to K-12 students. Registration: https://saginawstem.org/
- Saginaw GNC currently has a part time position available for a local high school student who is interested in the health field, or has a love for athletics. This is a great opportunity to gain a little work experience and build your resume. The application process does require that you present a resume and come in for an in person interview. Applicants do not require any previous experience or knowledge and will be 2-3 work days a week on average.
- Our Parent Organization meets tonight at 6:30pm, here at VLHS. All are welcome to attend!
- Parents In Prayer will meet on Wednesday, October 13th from 8-9:30am.
- Picture Retakes will be Friday, October 15th. Please have your student bring their order form, and/or original picture packet.
- VL families – do you know of someone who would benefit from a VL education? We encourage you to invite them to our first of three Information Nights this year – Monday, October 18! It’s a one-hour, on-the-go opportunity to experience Valley Lutheran. Arrivals begin at 6 pm, the last group is at 7:10 – attendees should pick an arrival time at www.vlhs.com/InfoNight. Please contact Director of Admissions Amy Cooper at 989-790-1676 or email@example.com with any questions.
- Come spend a day at the VLHS Parent Organization’s Holiday Bazaar on Saturday. November 13th, from 9am-3:00pm!
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 600 Court St, Saginaw, MI 48602, has an opening for Church Secretary. Interested persons should contact Mike Holzhei at 517-231-3369.
- Please consider joining the Booster Club at our next meeting October 19th, at 6:30pm in the VLHS cafeteria. Please visit our Sign Up Genius for VLHS volunteer opportunities. There is also a need for volunteers for grade school volleyball on Saturday, October 16th. Also, if you are able to work the school store one day a week from 3-4pm, please contact Cheri Burk firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.