Lunch for today: Chicken Nuggets & ½ pbj or Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Pizza or Fish on Bun; peas, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Scripture of the Day: “For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.” Psalm 33:4-5
Cheer on your Chargers:
Hockey Playoffs, early out 2:25pm
- WTA Architects (the same ones working on our building!) is hosting a week-long externship March 2nd-6th for high school juniors and seniors. Information can be found in the VL News areas. The deadline to apply is today, February 26th.
- We weren’t able to set up the hydroponics due to the snow day – we are going to get it up and running this Thursday the 27th after school in Room 106 from 3:15 to no later than 4. Everyone is welcome to gain new knowledge and learn a skill.
- Key Club is holding a shoe drive with “Funds2orgs.” These donated shoes provide jobs for adults to provide for their families in 3rd world countries. Bring in your gently used or new shoes from Feb. 24th-March 15th. (No single shoes, no holes, no rollerblades, no ice skates). Talk to Mr. Wittig or Key club if you have questions.
- The Auction is this Saturday! You still have time to make a donation for your 8th hour Auction basket, thru Thursday, February 27th. You will receive a coupon for a reward with your $5 or more donation! Last day to redeem your coupon and to be entered in a gift card drawing is Friday, Feb. 28th. Your help and participation is truly appreciated!
- Attention anyone interested in baseball this spring: Sign up is Monday, March 2nd, during meeting time in the gym. It will only take as long as you need to sign your name! Schedules will be handed out too.
- Athletes who would like to be in a spring sport need a current physical on file. A current physical is one given on or after April 15th of the previous year.
Spring sports start Monday, March 9th.
- Covenant HealthCare Volunteer Services is now accepting applications for the Summer 2020 session of our High School Volunteer Program. Students may apply online here. Application deadline is March 31, 2020.
- There are only a few tickets available for our Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction,”CLUE; Secrets in the Grand Ballroom” on February 29th. It is the largest annual fundraiser supporting an exceptional Christian high school education. With great fellowship and food, a variety of Silent Auction choices, and an exciting Live Auction, it is a memorable evening for all who attend! For more information, and to register for the event, visit www.vlhsauction.com
- The Saginaw Valley Antique Society’s 29th Annual Antique Show will be held Saturday, April 18th, 9am-4pm, here at VLHS. Admission is $4, and lunch & bake goods will be available for purchase sponsored by the Parents Organization.