Lunch today: Hamburger on Bun or Chicken Nuggets & Roll; tri tater, baked beans, carrots, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.” 1 John 2:15-16
- Any senior who is planning on graduating with the Honors Diploma need to bring in their partially completed application packet to meet with Dr. Meyers this week. Students who do not fulfill this step may not be awarded the Honors Diploma. Thank you.
- Mr. Abraham’s family group reminder: Please meet at 10:15am in his room today for a group picture.
- Varsity Volleyball moves on to the District Final on Thursday, 7pm @ USA vs. Brown City. There will again be a Fan Bus leaving 5:30pm. Please sign up in the office.
- Grandparent/Special Friend Day is this Thursday, Nov. 14th! Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here, and return it to the office today for planning purposes.
- Tomorrow during Grandparents/Special Friends Day, the RC will be closed 2nd & 3rd hour. Academic Seminar will be held in 102 2nd hour, and 101 3rd hour.
- If you have a summer read book that you’d be willing to donate, please bring to the office! Thank you!
- All boys interested in playing basketball this winter. Practice begins this Monday November 18th. Freshman and Sophomores you will practice from 3:15-4:45 at VL. Juniors and Seniors you will meet with Coach Erdman @ 4:30 in the cafeteria at VL and practice in the gym from 4:45-6:15. Make sure you have a physical on file or you can not practice. Also, all grade levels please bring a Dark and Light colored T-Shirt. Looking forward to a great and fun seasons at all levels. Go Chargers- Coach Erdman
- The Booster Club Fruit fundraiser helps support Music, Drama, Arts & Athletics here at VLHS! We are at 148 boxes currently sold, but only by 31 students. A donation of $10 also counts as a box. Please turn in any completed orders to the office, and let us know if you have online orders.
- Protect Life will be taking diaper and baby wipe donations until Friday, Nov. 15th. We need sizes 4,6, and newborn. If you are able to donate, please put the diapers in the crib located at the front entrance, or give money to Mrs. Winter. Protect Life will match all donations, with all proceeds going to the Beacon of Hope. Everything is greatly appreciated!
- ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?! This Saturday the Michigan Wolverines take on the Michigan State Spartans at the Big House, so pre-game starts this Friday at 8am! Wear U of M or MSU gear to show your team spirit & earn class points!
- Bowling tryouts will take place November 19th and 21st, at LeFevre’s bowling alley, 3:30-5pm.
- Do you want to stay in shape over the winter but don’t do a winter sport? Come check out Running Club! We meet every Monday and Wednesday after school in Mrs. Brenner’s room. We run outside, so dress for the cold!
- Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in Mrs. Brenner’s room. See her for information.
- Our next Grandparent/Special Friend Days are November 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office, or click here.
- Thank you for all the wonderful cookie donations for our Fall Bazaar & Bake Sale! If you have any containers you’d like back, please send your student into the office by Wednesday, Nov. 13th.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser deadline is November 14th! Funds raised help support Music, Drama, Arts and Athletics. Order through your student, our office, or online at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457 Thank you for participating!
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- The Alaska VBS information meeting will be Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 p.m. in room 102 (Mrs. Brenner). Parents and students are welcome to learn more about this unique opportunity to share the Gospel in a very different culture, yet still in the United States. Costs, timing, fund raising, expectations, logistics and all other concerns will be addressed. Please prayerfully consider this wonderful way to put faith in action. Contact Mrs. Brenner at email@example.com with questions or if you are interested but cannot make it. This trip is also open to parents, with or without your child!
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 808 Weiss St. Saginaw, MI, is hosting the annual Boar’s Head Festival on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7:30p.m., and at 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8. Enjoy celebrating the arrival of the Christ-child in a unique way with choirs, orchestras, and people of all ages. Set in Medieval times, the Boar’s Head Festival has a musical flair that reminds people of a Renaissance Fair but with a sacred tone. No tickets are required, but we do take a freewill offering.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church of Frankentrost will host its 23rd annual “Living Nativity – A Journey to Bethlehem”, on Friday, December 6th from 7-9pm, and Saturday & Sunday, December 7-8th from 6-8pm. Experience the sights and sounds of Bethlehem on that blessed night when Jesus Christ was born. This is a free 30 minute outdoor walk, so dress for the weather. Fellowship and refreshments will follow in the school.