Lunch today: Corn Dog Nuggets or Ham & Cheese Calzone; tri tater, carrots, broccoli, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Pizza or Pork Chop & Roll; peas, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.” Psalm 63:1
Cheer on your Chargers:
JV Volleyball vs. St. Louis 5:30pm
V Volleyball vs. St. Louis High 7:00pm
- Seniors: Please come to the office to verify the spelling of your name for your Diploma by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18TH.
- Copies of the 2020 Christian College Guide will be available in the RC through Friday, to any student interested. Pick up a copy at the RC desk.
- Are you a junior or senior who would like to choose and direct a winter One Act play? Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two student directors. The process includes application and interview. Directors must be able to commit to several meetings in November and December as well as after school practices starting in January. The performances are in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake. Deadline is October 31.
- Hey Chargers! You are encouraged to invite your grandparent(s) or special friend(s) to visit you during the school day and experience a day at Valley Lutheran. Our first opportunity is October 31st. Please come to the office for the form, and return by the Tuesday before your guest(s) will be visiting.
- Deadline for the Yearbook art contest is November 1. Make sure you submit your entries to Mrs. Blake for a chance to have your artwork on the theme page!
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Saint Mary’s will be here on Thursday, Oct. 17, CMU on Monday, Oct. 21st. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Please note: when entering the school between 8am-3:05pm, you must ring the bell for us to unlock the door on the left (closest to the window), then come into the office before entering the school.
- Reminder: There are no out of school fundraisers during lunch.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. Admission is free. Donations for cookies are greatly appreciated!
- Looking for a great first mission trip for your child (or you)? Mrs. Brenner is leading a team to Goodnews Bay, Alaska in July. While a completely different culture, everyone speaks English and no passport is needed. Fundraising opportunities are available. Contact Mrs. Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org for an information sheet.
- Drivers Education Segment 1 begins Oct. 21st, 3:45-5:45pm., by Mr. R’s A+ Driving School. For more information, please contact MrRsAplus.com or 989-798-2809.