Lunch today: Cheeseburger on Bun or Chili & Toast; potato rounds, carrots, baked beans, fruit, milk
Lunch for tomorrow: Hard or Soft Tacos or Quesadilla; broccoli, carrots, fruit, cookie, milk
Salad Plate and Yogurt/PBJ Sandwich Entrees Offered Daily
Scripture of the Day: “A person finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!” Proverbs 15:23
Cheer on your Chargers:
Freshman Volleyball @ Nouvel 4:00pm
JV Volleyball @ Nouvel 5:30pm
V Volleyball @ Nouvel 7:00pm
- Apps in the Lab will be happening today during lunches and tomorrow before school. Seniors – stop by to fill out your “I Applied” cards for the hallway display!
- Need help with yesterday’s fight song? Founded in 1963, this school is known to say “We achieve.” because they are ranked in the Top 5% of Business Schools across the globe by Princeton Review.
- Concordia Fact of the Day: Did you know that you can earn your doctorate in Pharmacy or Physical Therapy from Concordia Mequon, all while living on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan? Check them out at www.cuw.edu.
- Key Club will be selling Spooky Grams today, Thursday, and Friday this week. They will be delivered on Halloween, and cost .50/a piece.
- Attention Seniors: Senior pictures due to email@example.com preferably by November 1st, but no later than November 30th. Digital submissions only, no PDF format.
Valley spirit wear will be available for purchase at the football game on Friday! Cash or check only please.
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged) by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- Are you a junior or senior who would like to choose and direct a winter One Act play? Mrs. Blake is taking applications for two student directors.The performances are in February. If you would like to apply, talk to Mrs. Blake. Deadline is October 31.
- Grandparent/Special Friend Days are coming! Four Thursdays and four Thursdays only! Invite your Grandparents or other Special Friend to visit you for part of your school day. Oct. 31st, Nov. 7th, 14th, or 21st. Select whichever date works best for you and for your guests. Featuring a new schedule this year to increase your time together. Want to learn more? Pick up an informational sheet in the office.
- There will be a bowling team interest meeting, today right after school for 15 minutes, in Room 101.
- Attention all hockey players! The FNV Griffins are excited to announce the tryout schedule for the 2019-2020 season! Tryouts will be November 4th and 5th, 4 PM each day at The Dow Event Center. If you are planning to be at tryouts, please sign up in the school office, and be sure to have your physical complete and handed in. Please bring a light and a dark jersey for each skate, and full equipment is required. We have a great 25 game schedule, and we hope all come out and support OUR GRIFFINS!
- College Visit sign ups are in the H hallway. Delta College Skilled Trades will be here on Thursday, Oct. 24, U of M will be here on Friday, Oct. 25th, Concordia Chicago and Spring Arbor on Wednesday, Oct. 30th. You must notify Mrs. Mueller by 8:00 am the day of the visit to get a pass. See Mrs. Mueller with questions.
- Senior parents: Senior pictures due to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably by November 1st, but no later than November 30th. Digital submissions only, no PDF format.
- The VLHS Booster Club’s Fruit Sale Fundraiser runs through November 14th! We are asking our parents, students and others to help with the sale. Your student received a packet with order forms on October 17th. New this year: Online orders are accepted at: https://www.floridaindianrivergroves.com/ecommerce/436457
- Valley spirit wear will again be available for purchase at the home football game Friday! Please note: Cash or check only!
- The VLHS Drama presents The Complete History of Theatre (Abridged), by Matt Thompson, October 24, 25, 26th at 7:00pm. Join us on a wacky and wild journey of the history of theatre as we relive various parts of theatre from all parts of the globe. This fun and ridiculous comedy will set the audience up for some very clever, very funny, interactive moments as they travel in time through Greek theatre, the gladiators in Rome, the history of mime and more. Tickets are $5/students and $7/adults.
- VLHS Protect Life is gathering signatures for the Dismemberment Abortion Ban Petition. If you would be willing to participate, please stop in the school office to sign the petition. Thank you!
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 20 E. Salzburg Road, Bay City, will be hosting their annual Harvest Dinner and Bake Sale on Sunday, October 27th from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The meal will include pork sausage, roast beef, sauerkraut, and all the trimmings. The cost is $10/adults, children 6-12/$5, 5 and younger/free. Take outs are available.
- VLHS is hosting a speaker from Protect Young Eyes (https://protectyoungeyes.com/) on Monday, October 28th, 6:30-8:30pm in the gym. The presentation is faith-based and covers the topics of social media, gaming, YouTube, and more, and will equip parents with immediate steps they can take to help their students make better online choices. Please register ahead of time at https://valleylutheranhigh_protectyoungeyes.eventbrite.com (the event is free, but RSVP is needed). Childcare will be provided for a free-will donation. Parents making use of the childcare will need to register ahead of time at http://bit.ly/PYEChildcare .
- The Parent Organization’s Annual Craft Bazaar, Cookie Walk & Luncheon is Saturday, November 9th from 9am-3pm at VLHS. We have 55 vendors this year! Admission is free. Volunteers are welcome for baking cookies, or helping during the bazaar. Please click the link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday2 for cookies, or https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f45aaa923aafc1-holiday1 for bazaar help. Thank you!