Construction Update Image
Valley Lutheran’s founders took bold steps to establish this school 40 years ago. Today, our school’s leadership continues to take bold steps, ensuring Valley Lutheran High School is on the leading edge of Christian education – nurturing faith, educating minds, and cultivating leaders in a fashion that meets the 21st century needs of our students.
Our Comprehensive Campaign Will:
- Expand our building to support education needs, specifically for science, the arts, and athletics.
- Grow the Valley Lutheran Foundation Endowment to ensure the school’s future.
- Increase the annual fund to make Valley Lutheran High School more accessible to a growing number of students.
- Elevate the community’s awareness of Valley Lutheran High School.
- Strengthen the foundation for long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with donors and friends across the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Growing Our Future
Valley Lutheran has outgrown its facilities. Inspired by our vision of educating minds, nurturing faith and cultivating leaders, and to continue to give our students the highest level of educational excellence, we have exciting changes and expansion projects planned for the next five years.
The Growing Campaign includes three areas:
Campus Improvements — $6.5 million
Our teachers have embraced a “student centered” teaching model which actively engages students and helps to develop critical thinking, cooperation, problem-solving, team building, and leadership skills. Students need the tools and dedicated space to realize the full benefits of this learning.
- Building expansion — Our growth supports current and future students, specifically for science, the arts, and athletics.
- Growing STEM — Our investment in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) will help us grow our position as a leading educator helping students build vital skills for today and tomorrow.
- Growing arts education — With all of our students taking music and/or visual arts classes, expansion will accommodate the growing needs of our arts education courses and nurture creativity.
- Growing athletics — Athletics offer the opportunity for students to work as a team and cultivate leadership skills. New athletic facilities will provide space for athletic fitness training — better positioning our student-athletes for success
Foundation Endowment Funds — $2 million
- Ensuring accessibility — The Valley Lutheran Foundation serves one purpose — to keep Valley Lutheran High School as accessible to as many families as possible. Endowment funds are used to provide scholarships, giving students access to an exceptional education they may not otherwise have.
- Supporting excellence — Endowment funds support innovative programming, the arts, athletics, and the maintenance of our facilities.
- Securing our future — Investing in the endowment will help make it possible for future generations to experience the exceptional Christian education Valley Lutheran offers.
The Annual Fund — $1.5 million
- Scholarships — One third of our students need financial aid to attend Valley Lutheran. The annual fund will provide $1.2 million to support students over the next five years.
- A measure of academic excellence — Gifts to the annual fund will contribute to the difference between a “good” and an “excellent” education. Investments will strengthen the innovative programs and teaching resources at Valley Lutheran.
- Keeping our school strong — The annual fund helps support ongoing operations, school maintenance, educational programs, and enhancements so students can continue to excel.
Of our $10 million goal, so far we’ve raised $8 Million
This campaign will only be successful in and through Him and that we are “Blessed to be a Blessing.” (Gen. 12:2) We invite you to participate in two ways:
– Please hold VLHS – it’s students, families, faculty, and staff – and the Growing Campaign , in your daily prayers.
– Give a financial gift/pledge of your own:
If you have any questions or would like to speak with Valley Lutheran’s Director of Development, you may contact Kyle DeWees at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 790-1676.